Leslie 72 Lee 57

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I posted on this thread last night! Anyway, said the best team won. Day, Morgan, and point guard (I think Howard) too much for Lee. Leslie made a believer out of me. I've not seen either Hazard or JBS, but I can say that they have work cut out for them with Leslie.

Lee County Bobcats can take pride in bringing excitement back to Beattyville after a long time. 24-8, all a region champs, district champs, Not a bad season.

The old BadCat has clubs out and is heading south for a few days, so won't be posting for a while, and just wanted to make sure I got on here and ate those words, Leslie fans, like I said I would!

This was a good game. It was close right up till the end of the game when Leslie seemed to pull away. Lee played well the first half getting the ball in to T. Rich but seemed to go away from that game plan into the second. Leslie done a great job stopping Rich in the second half and they shut down Kenny Brandenburg (1 point). Congrats to Lee on a good season.

Good Luck to Leslie in the semis agianst a dangerous Jackson City Team.

This was a fun game to watch. Leslie played with heart and determination. Lee played well just came up short in the 4th. Rich is a player underneath, he can muscle the ball up with the best of em.

Congrats to Leslie!!!

Kudo's to Lee for a hard faught game and good sportmanship from both players and fans.

Anytime Leslie gets a combined 30 plus from their guards, they are going to win! Sounds like they really stepped up and gave some help to Day and Morgan. If they continue to play like that, Leslie could very well be playing in Rupp next week.

Rich played tough inside, but Leslie had 3 guys on their frontline as tall (maybe not as bulky and strong) as him.

But the difference in the game was Leslie's guards. They hit the big shots that helped put some distance between the Eagles and Bobcats.

Bottom line: Lee had too many matchup problems with Leslie.

I thought I posted on this thread last night! Anyway, said the best team won. Day, Morgan, and point guard (I think Howard) too much for Lee. Leslie made a believer out of me. I've not seen either Hazard or JBS, but I can say that they have work cut out for them with Leslie.

Lee County Bobcats can take pride in bringing excitement back to Beattyville after a long time. 24-8, all a region champs, district champs, Not a bad season.

The old BadCat has clubs out and is heading south for a few days, so won't be posting for a while, and just wanted to make sure I got on here and ate those words, Leslie fans, like I said I would!

You did, but for some reason the thread was deleted..............

Great win for Leslie. I think the big difference in the game was the guard play. Leslie played awesome at those 2 spots while Lee really looked uncomfortable and shaky. Rich played like everyone says he can but for some reason he never got the ball in the second half. Johnson kept Lee close and Hubbard was outstanding for Leslie. Good win for the Eagles. What am about to say did not effect the outcome at all but the officiating was suspect on both ends of the floor. The tempo of the game went from close called to to loosely called and it didn't seem like either team could adjust. Last night was the worst crew I had seen from the 12th region.

I have to say, I told you that Lesie was tough!! Now with out a doubt, Leslie County will be on the bus to Rupp Arena!

I wouldn't over look Hazard or JBS if I were you. [or Jackson City] Seems like you already have. Not wise old buddy. I've found when you over look [any] team it will come back to bite you. I wouldn't make a prediction right now and have to eat my words later.:sssh:

I wouldn't over look Hazard or JBS if I were you. [or Jackson City] Seems like you already have. Not wise old buddy. I've found when you over look [any] team it will come back to bite you. I wouldn't make a prediction right now and have to eat my words later.:sssh:

sixtyfeetsix is not from Leslie County but I assure you, us here in Leslie County are not over looking anybody. Jackson City shot the lights out against Cordia & could very well do the same against Leslie. Leslie will definatly not over look Hazard because Hazard has already beaten them twice & everybody knows that JBS is a good team so I don't think any over looking will be done.