Ryle vs Sycamore (OH)

WHY O WHY

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Please explain. I am curious after watching a NKY 1A school hang with an Ohio Division II power Saturday night.

My parenthesis should have said top teams. Beechwood is what I would call an NKY top team. They can play with the bigger schools. If you went class for class against Ohio and KY school, Ohio would come out on top. Better football on that side of the river.

My parenthesis should have said top teams. Beechwood is what I would call an NKY top team. They can play with the bigger schools. If you went class for class against Ohio and KY school, Ohio would come out on top. Better football on that side of the river.

Got it. Thanks.

I don't agree with Ohio playing better football. I think what Ohio teams tend to have is more players and bigger players overall than this side of the river. That does not necessarily translate into better. The teams may be better, but as far as play goes, ky teams play the game with as much knowledge etc about the game as Ohio teams.

Just look at the size of the linemen in the Beechwood and Mt Healthy game. Beechwood for,their size many may think p,ayed "better" but the size on the Mt Healthy lines may have been the difference in the outcome.

I don't agree with Ohio playing better football. I think what Ohio teams tend to have is more players and bigger players overall than this side of the river. That does not necessarily translate into better. The teams may be better, but as far as play goes, ky teams play the game with as much knowledge etc about the game as Ohio teams.

Just look at the size of the linemen in the Beechwood and Mt Healthy game. Beechwood for,their size many may think p,ayed "better" but the size on the Mt Healthy lines may have been the difference in the outcome.

Ohio high schools are Huge!!! Many have nearly 4000 kids on campus and they are not next door to each other as they are on this side of the river. Even SK and Ryle would be small schools by Ohio standards.

Ohio high schools are Huge!!! Many have nearly 4000 kids on campus and they are not next door to each other as they are on this side of the river. Even SK and Ryle would be small schools by Ohio standards.

That is my point.

Being a better tram doesn't mean they play better football. It just means they have the players to be better than the ky team they are playing against.

When iI read they play better football, I take it as if they play a higher caliber of football which isn't true. They play the same caliber, just have better players and because of that will win more.

That is my point.

Being a better tram doesn't mean they play better football. It just means they have the players to be better than the ky team they are playing against.

When iI read they play better football, I take it as if they play a higher caliber of football which isn't true. They play the same caliber, just have better players and because of that will win more.

If there are more players, faster players, bigger players in Ohio... And they win because of those players wouldn't that make them better? I think you made my point for me.