Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville Releases 2014-15 Basketball Roster

Featured Replies

After the 2012 Final Four, I was sure it was time for him to take his big step

 

He made some nice plays in that UK game if I remember right.

 

He's been a huge disappointment. He was a McD's AA, right?

He made some nice plays in that UK game if I remember right.

 

He's been a huge disappointment. He was a McD's AA, right?

 

Yep. And 2011 Chicago Sun Times Player of the Year.

Yep. And 2011 Chicago Sun Times Player of the Year.

 

I've often thought that Rick does his best coaching with those middle-of-the-road type players--similar to Tubby Smith in that regard. And he sometimes works pure magic with a kid who is a project (Nazr at UK is a prime example of this). But I sometimes wonder if he's capable of coaching the upper tier talent with consistency.

 

That might be unfair, because I haven't thought about it a lot, but it sure seems that way. I really thought Blackshear would be a monster at UL & the Cards would have him for maybe 2 years.

I've often thought that Rick does his best coaching with those middle-of-the-road type players--similar to Tubby Smith in that regard. And he sometimes works pure magic with a kid who is a project (Nazr at UK is a prime example of this). But I sometimes wonder if he's capable of coaching the upper tier talent with consistency.

 

That might be unfair, because I haven't thought about it a lot, but it sure seems that way. I really thought Blackshear would be a monster at UL & the Cards would have him for maybe 2 years.

 

Like Getslow said, his injury has held him back some at UofL, but the times he's been on the floor and healthy, he just hasn't produced like he was expected to.

Like Getslow said, his injury has held him back some at UofL, but the times he's been on the floor and healthy, he just hasn't produced like he was expected to.

 

No doubt that hurt him and caused him to get started off on the wrong foot. Perhaps this will be the year, but I'm not expecting anything special. Jones & Rozier will dominate the ball. Montrezl will get his 17 & 10. And I really expect good things from Mathiang.

No doubt that hurt him and caused him to get started off on the wrong foot. Perhaps this will be the year, but I'm not expecting anything special. Jones & Rozier will dominate the ball. Montrezl will get his 17 & 10. And I really expect good things from Mathiang.

 

I'm looking forward to seeing Mango's progress as well. I feel like he's shown flashes of being a bit more aggressive than Gorgui was, and if he could get close to the skill level, he'll be a real weapon.

I'm looking forward to seeing Mango's progress as well. I feel like he's shown flashes of being a bit more aggressive than Gorgui was, and if he could get close to the skill level, he'll be a real weapon.

 

And he'll benefit from Montrezl's presence.

Who's the star recruit?

 

Who are you referring to?

Who are you referring to?

 

I'm asking who is the big guy this year for Pitino?

I'm asking who is the big guy this year for Pitino?

 

This year I would say that goes to Jaylen Johnson. Or Onuaku.

  • Author
I'm asking who is the big guy this year for Pitino?

 

As far as the rankings go, it's probably 6-9 forward Jaylen Johnson.

 

For me, I'm really looking forward to seeing 6-7 guard/forward Shaqquan Aaron.

I fully expect Blackshear to graduate as the biggest 4-year bust during Pitino's tenure...

 

I can't argue with that. I'm sure the same is true for plenty of other Cardinal fans.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.