Greenup County/Russell Predictions

Greenup County vs. Russell  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Greenup County vs. Russell

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will probably be the game I attend this weekend. Hope Russell rolls in this one but Greenup Co is much improved. Don't think it will be a real high scoring game but giving the edge to the Devils. Good luck to both teams.

Russell: 28

Greenup: 8

I honestly think these two teams are much closer then either side would like to admit. Russell is improved, but still working on finding themselves in a new offense and defense. Greenup probably does not resemble the Greenup of 2013 and is healthy, something they have not been in a while. I call this game too close to predict, I expect one score difference either way.

I'm with you ram. This is a completely different Russell Greenup game than we have seen in a long time. Russell going to the spread and greenup the downhill running team. I think if greenup can stop the run and force Russell to pass it will be a close game but if Russell keeps greenup off balance running and throwing I can see Russell taking it by a few scores.

Russell 24

GC 13

I'm with you ram. This is a completely different Russell Greenup game than we have seen in a long time. Russell going to the spread and greenup the downhill running team. I think if greenup can stop the run and force Russell to pass it will be a close game but if Russell keeps greenup off balance running and throwing I can see Russell taking it by a few scores. Russell 24 GC 13

I think it's the opposite when trying to stop the Devil's offense. Their line isn't all that great, BUT they aren't all that bad. That line has a lot of potential to control the trenches in ANY and EVERY game they play this year. It's only trying to get them to believe that. I think that if Greenup stops the pass and forces Russell to run, Greenup had a good shot at winning this game.

I think it's the opposite when trying to stop the Devil's offense. Their line isn't all that great, BUT they aren't all that bad. That line has a lot of potential to control the trenches in ANY and EVERY game they play this year. It's only trying to get them to believe that. I think that if Greenup stops the pass and forces Russell to run, Greenup had a good shot at winning this game.

I was with Maynard when greenup made the transition from the wing t to the spread. There's Alot of pressure on the quarterback as far as decision making is concerned in the passing game. The same can be said for the o-line as far as blitz pick up. To me greenup should load the box and force them into doing the things their not used to doing. Russell will still be a run heavy offense their just gonna spread you out then run between the tackles.

I was with Maynard when greenup made the transition from the wing t to the spread. There's Alot of pressure on the quarterback as far as decision making is concerned in the passing game. The same can be said for the o-line as far as blitz pick up. To me greenup should load the box and force them into doing the things their not used to doing. Russell will still be a run heavy offense their just gonna spread you out then run between the tackles.

If Greenup stacks the box and forces the pass they will lose this game, that is playing into Russell's hand.

Maybe I'm crazy but the strength of the red devils offense will be on the ground. You gotta stop what your opponent does best. Make the quarterback prove to you they can throw the ball. Maynard won't have the same good fortune as he had at raceland in that they were already a spread team that threw the ball.

Maybe I'm crazy but the strength of the red devils offense will be on the ground. You gotta stop what your opponent does best. Make the quarterback prove to you they can throw the ball. Maynard won't have the same good fortune as he had at raceland in that they were already a spread team that threw the ball.

It will be a balanced game. Maynard will throw it just as much as running. But I think Russell will run the ball all over the musketeers with a few screen passes. Just my thought. Maybe I'm wrong.