Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry/Henry Clay Predictions

Belfry vs. Henry Clay 14 members have voted

  1. 1. Belfry vs. Henry Clay

    • Belfry
      50%
    • Henry Clay
      50%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I give the Pirates a great deal of credit for scheduling a strong, athletic 6a team. Win or lose, it'll be good for them to see where they're at and what they need to do to get better. I like HC to win this game mainly because Belfry typically starts there seasons a little slow and get better and better as the season wears on. If it were played in week 6 or 7 instead of week 1, I may go the other way. I think HC is going to be a Top 10 6a team this year, possibly even Top 5 when all's said and done. The Pirate D will keep things close, but, I'm going to say the O will struggle a bit.. HC 14 B 7

I don't think HC can go into the mountains and be a Belfry program. I will go with the Pirates

Should be a great opener. A little worried about Belfry, especially since their scrimmage got washed out after only seeing one series of Hazard's passing offense.

 

Feel pretty good about Belfry's run defense and the Oline play...but the skill players are still adjusting on offense (Reports are Taylor looks smooth at QB and the HB's are starting to come along) and the secondary worries me a lot.

 

Belfry always is a shadow of themselves to open the year and tackling typically is abysmal. If Belfry holds on to the ball though I think they can win this game.

 

Conservatively I will say:

Henry Clay 28

Belfry 24

Belfry always plays good at the cam...henry clay better be ready to play 4 quarters of ball...if the games close at halftime Belfry wins...

Although not to the level that Lou. Central does, Belfry typically plays a little thicker schedule than most of its counterparts to toughen itself up for the long haul. With 6A Henry Clay, 5A Harlan Co. 4A Johnson Central & the two out of state academies on the grind for the Pirates this year, they are preparing themselves for another run into the playoffs I think. Henry Clay gets a mixed bag of teams each year from the city of Lexington, sometimes up, sometimes down, but usually all are hard fought with pride on the line. The way that Station handled Harlan Co. & PL Dunbar took it to Tates Creek & Lafayette giving Scott Co. all they could handle could make quite an interesting storyline for the Lexington area schools. Outside of that the only team other than Belfry on their schedule is Scott Co. who has steamrolled everyone up till this year from the city for the last several years. (Lafayette gave them a run & came up short 42-38 in a game called due to lightning with 4min & change left on the clock)

^^^

6A Henry Clay (Ranked as High as #6)

5A Harlan County (Pre-Season Top 10)

5A Southwestern (Expected to be vastly improved)

4A Johnson Central (Ranked as High as #5)

3A Christian Academy of Knoxville, TN (Ranked as High as #3)

1A Pikeville (Ranked as High as #6)

 

Throw in the fact Pike Central and Lawrence County each will be around that 8-12 range in 3A... Belfry's schedule is one of the toughest you will find in EKY.

I don't think HC can go into the mountains and be a Belfry program. I will go with the Pirates

 

A little history about Cam Stadium. Belfry's first game at Cam was a loss to Henry Clay.

 

I think Henry Clay will have to much speed on the edge for Belfry to contain.

 

Henry Clay by 2 td's.

A little history about Cam Stadium. Belfry's first game at Cam was a loss to Henry Clay.

 

I think Henry Clay will have to much speed on the edge for Belfry to contain.

 

Henry Clay by 2 td's.

 

I was at that game. Beautiful stadium they have at Belfry.

 

I agree that Henry Clay's speed will be hard for the Pirates to contain. Stranger things have happened and Henry Clay does have a first time starter at quarterback, but I would think they will scored a lot of points and when by a comfortable margin.

I was at that game. Beautiful stadium they have at Belfry.

 

I agree that Henry Clay's speed will be hard for the Pirates to contain. Stranger things have happened and Henry Clay does have a first time starter at quarterback, but I would think they will scored a lot of points and when by a comfortable margin.

 

Belfry is breaking in a new QB also.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.