Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrass State Games

Featured Replies

  • Replies 50
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming all players are there and healthy, Ryle wins this easy. Maybe someone gives them a match along the way since it's early, but I doubt it.

Assuming all players are there and healthy, Ryle wins this easy. Maybe someone gives them a match along the way since it's early, but I doubt it.

 

OK Glyde I'll bite, but only because i really would like to see NKY Volleyball (NDA aside) get the much needed attention it deserves, and nothing draws attention like the controversy of differing opinions.....That said, While I know Ryle will no doubt be very tough their are several teams I think may make you eat your words. All fun and polite manner intended.

OK Glyde I'll bite, but only because i really would like to see NKY Volleyball (NDA aside) get the much needed attention it deserves, and nothing draws attention like the controversy of differing opinions.....That said, While I know Ryle will no doubt be very tough their are several teams I think may make you eat your words. All fun and polite manner intended.

 

Yes, volleyball does need more attention, so it's up to you to tell us who will defeat Ryle in this tourney. Ryle won this tourney easy last year against the same teams in it again this year. I don't see any participating teams listed that will make me eat anything. Ryle is a very good team that happens to be stuck in the same region as an all-world team. Ryle would win the Region anywhere else.

Yes, volleyball does need more attention, so it's up to you to tell us who will defeat Ryle in this tourney. Ryle won this tourney easy last year against the same teams in it again this year. I don't see any participating teams listed that will make me eat anything. Ryle is a very good team that happens to be stuck in the same region as an all-world team. Ryle would win the Region anywhere else.

 

Except the Louisville regions. Other than that, I agree.

Except the Louisville regions.

 

Automatically implied in any state volleyball discussion.

Cooper isn't good enough to compete with Ryle and ND yet?

  • Author

Having officiated this tournament the last several years, Ryle by far is the class of the field, especially with powerhouses Newport Central Catholic and Lou. Holy Cross not attending this year. With that being said, look for Ryle to win this, but don't be surprised to see Henry Clay, Lou. Eastern, and McCracken County in the running. Also, don't be suprised by dark horses Cooper or Dunbar.

Cooper isn't good enough to compete with Ryle and ND yet?

 

Don't know. My guess is it's about depth. Every team has 2 or 3 really good players. Ryle and ND probably have more than that.

Having officiated this tournament the last several years, Ryle by far is the class of the field, especially with powerhouses Newport Central Catholic and Lou. Holy Cross not attending this year. With that being said, look for Ryle to win this, but don't be surprised to see Henry Clay, Lou. Eastern, and McCracken County in the running. Also, don't be suprised by dark horses Cooper or Dunbar.

 

The only way Ryle would play Cooper is in the championship. FYI - the Bluegrass pools have been have been revised as of today.

Usually I would agree with this, but I have reason to disagree. There are many teams in this tournament that lost far less seniors than Ryle that were already good teams. Henry Clay, Cooper, Christian Academy of Louisville, Tates Creek, Oldham County, etc.. Overall, the field of teams is fairly weak, but there are a handful of very good teams. The road to gold should be quite painless, but winning it all, that will be a challenge. Good luck to all teams. My top 4 are Ryle, Cooper, CAL, Henry Clay.

Usually I would agree with this, but I have reason to disagree. There are many teams in this tournament that lost far less seniors than Ryle that were already good teams. Henry Clay, Cooper, Christian Academy of Louisville, Tates Creek, Oldham County, etc.. Overall, the field of teams is fairly weak, but there are a handful of very good teams. The road to gold should be quite painless, but winning it all, that will be a challenge. Good luck to all teams. My top 4 are Ryle, Cooper, CAL, Henry Clay.

Welcome aboard to BGP :thumb:

Usually I would agree with this, but I have reason to disagree. There are many teams in this tournament that lost far less seniors than Ryle that were already good teams. Henry Clay, Cooper, Christian Academy of Louisville, Tates Creek, Oldham County, etc.. Overall, the field of teams is fairly weak, but there are a handful of very good teams. The road to gold should be quite painless, but winning it all, that will be a challenge. Good luck to all teams. My top 4 are Ryle, Cooper, CAL, Henry Clay.

 

I'll stick with Ryle to win it all. The only team you mentioned that maybe has a shot is Henry Clay. Depends on how the final brackets line-up. With none of the "Big 4" there, more teams with a chance to get to the final 8.

Not saying Ryle won't win, but I think one of the 4 teams I mentioned will really surprise you. They'll probably surprise everyone.

Not saying Ryle won't win, but I think one of the 4 teams I mentioned will really surprise you. They'll probably surprise everyone.

 

I'm gonna guess you are talking about Cooper

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.