Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrass State Games

Featured Replies

I didn't mean that in a bad way, I was just upset that several teams that I thought would be in gold were not in gold. Bishop Brossart did look very solid from what I saw on Friday. I wasn't able to see any games today. How did the brackets end up?

  • Replies 50
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mean that in a bad way, I was just upset that several teams that I thought would be in gold were not in gold. Bishop Brossart did look very solid from what I saw on Friday. I wasn't able to see any games today. How did the brackets end up?

 

Ryle and Simon Kenton lost to Tate's Creek and Dunbar in the Quarterfinals.

 

Dunbar beat Tate's Creek in the finals.

How do they determine who makes the gold bracket? Is it W-L or sets W-L?

Is there an Amber Alert for Glyde?

1st and 2nd place in Friday pools combine for Saturday pools (pools of 4: 2 1st place teams, 2 2nd place teams). First place in Saturday pool goes to gold. Second to silver, third to bronze, fourth to flight 4

Honestly, the pools were severely messed up. Teams like Bishop Brossart and Raceland made the gold bracket when good teams were sent to silver. Teams that got 2nd in Friday pools ended up in easier Saturday pools. The tournament format/seeding needs to change for the future.

 

Seeding the first tourney of the year is extremely difficult with nothing to base it on. Sometimes finishing 2nd day 1 is an easier path, sometimes it's not. But usually teams that make it to the gold or championship pool earn it in some way.

Is there an Amber Alert for Glyde?

 

The only people more shocked than me that Ryle didn't win is probably Ryle.

"Teams like Bishop brossart and Raceland" ouch! What's that even supposed to mean? Our girls work hard all year round too! They played their hearts out this weekend! They should be very proud of the outcome. Please remember our girls read these posts too! Good Job this weekend Lady Mustangs!

 

Mustangs looking good - 10th up for grabs? Thinking Camels may be down, but I've apparently been wrong before.

  • Author

The Ryle/Tates Creek was a shocker to me.....and I was there. To me, it seemed like they both played very well, but Ryle did not block well,especially on the Bierman girl in the 1st game, hence Tates Creek takes game 1. Ryle comes out hot in the 2nd game and stuffs just about everything she hits in game 2, hence Ryle wins game 2. Game 3 was a toss up, both team played well and Takes Creek takes game 3 17-15. Side note, Ryle also losses their starting Libero to an injury (rumored to be a possible broken nose) in game 2.

Mustangs looking good - 10th up for grabs? Thinking Camels may be down, but I've apparently been wrong before.

Mustangs did look good and I would say it is definitely up in the air. Camels aren't down, just transitioning through yet another coaching change. If Camels or Scott overlook Brossart they will be mistaken. Should be an interesting year. :thumb:

Ryle and Simon Kenton lost to Tate's Creek and Dunbar in the Quarterfinals.

 

Dunbar beat Tate's Creek in the finals.

 

Congrats to the SK ladies for making it to the Final Four.

I didn't mean that in a bad way, I was just upset that several teams that I thought would be in gold were not in gold. Bishop Brossart did look very solid from what I saw on Friday. I wasn't able to see any games today. How did the brackets end up?

 

That's the problem, it is a new year and "several team YOU THOUGHT" did not do so well. Everyone was put in a pool and had to PLAY their way in. You can't bracket a tournament by last year's results. EVERYONE is starting over. Do you just want teams that are historically good separated to give them a better chance to move on. Now do you still think that is Fair??? If so you obviously are coming to the table with a bias against someone and it sound like to me it is small Schools that are not "worthy"???

The Lexington teams look much stronger than year's past...very, very impressed with Creek, HC and Dunbar. All three with amazing size. Obviously didn't see every team in tourney but Dunbar's #13 was best player I saw this weekend.

 

Final 8: Male, Bethlehem, Creek, Ryle, SK, Dunbar, Henry Clay and McCracken

 

From Northern KY, I thought Cooper, Ryle and SK all looked very solid. (These were only Northern KY Teams I got to see.) This definitely could be the year that a team other than NDA wins the 9th.

From Northern KY, I thought Cooper, Ryle and SK all looked very solid. (These were only Northern KY Teams I got to see.) This definitely could be the year that a team other than NDA wins the 9th.

 

I think all 4 of those teams play each other in the regular season?

Final four was Bethlehem, Tates Creek, Dunbar, Henry Clay. SK lost in elite 8 to eventual champ, Dunbar.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.