July 24, 201412 yr Accused, and after the fact no less. I'm not defending him at all, but evidence is evidence. It's a joke, no matter how you slice it. Correct and there is also a difference between evidence to prosecute you in the court of law and the amount needed to be punished by your employer. If Joe Schmoe off the street is in the headlines for being accused of any form of sexual assault on a woman and embarrasses his employer, convicted or not he probably is looking for work.
July 24, 201412 yr Listen I think any man who lays hand on a woman is scum to me. I also know in the world of business and even more so with union agreements there are realities that you have to deal with. If Rice gets in to trouble again the Hammer will drop. Roger Goodell is anything but soft when it comes to player punishment. I think some things depend on the circumstances but we all have a right to defend ourselves.
July 24, 201412 yr I think some things depend on the circumstances but we all have a right to defend ourselves. If your life is threatened I can make an exception. But the average female isn't doing harm to the average male. One side note on this case was the other video Goodell supposedly watched showed the now wife hitting rice repeatedly with punches and Rice is claiming self defense. I don't buy an NFL player needing to punch a woman but without seeing that other video that could of also lowered the punishment.
July 24, 201412 yr Correct and there is also a difference between evidence to prosecute you in the court of law and the amount needed to be punished by your employer. If Joe Schmoe off the street is in the headlines for being accused of any form of sexual assault on a woman and embarrasses his employer, convicted or not he probably is looking for work. Sure, so now we are laying those two on the table, comparing them, and deeming the punishment accordingly. And I understand it's collectively bargained, but the punishment sure isn't. Arbitrary doesn't begin to cover the league's (Goodell's) disbursement of penalty. It's beyond a joke.
July 24, 201412 yr Sure, so now we are laying those two on the table, comparing them, and deeming the punishment accordingly. And I understand it's collectively bargained, but the punishment sure isn't. Arbitrary doesn't begin to cover the league's (Goodell's) disbursement of penalty. It's beyond a joke. To be fair I'm sure Goodell probably also thought it was time for someone to be punished for those ugly and annoying towels his fans are always waving.
July 24, 201412 yr To be fair I'm sure Goodell probably also thought it was time for someone to be punished for those ugly and annoying towels his fans are always waving. Tired of having to answer the question of the greatest team in league history. I can see how taxing that might be.
July 24, 201412 yr If your life is threatened I can make an exception. But the average female isn't doing harm to the average male. One side note on this case was the other video Goodell supposedly watched showed the now wife hitting rice repeatedly with punches and Rice is claiming self defense. I don't buy an NFL player needing to punch a woman but without seeing that other video that could of also lowered the punishment. Maybe with average females but if all of you went a round with a couple of females I fought in the past you would feel different about this. In short, there are some bad mama jama women out there.
July 24, 201412 yr We've all seen the video of Rice dragging his fiance (now wife) out of the elevator where she appeared lifeless. Is there actually a video of him striking her, though?
July 24, 201412 yr We've all seen the video of Rice dragging his fiance (now wife) out of the elevator where she appeared lifeless. Is there actually a video of him striking her, though? Maybe he pulled out his pocket watch and hypnotized her during the elevator ride.
July 24, 201412 yr Maybe he pulled out his pocket watch and hypnotized her during the elevator ride. I understand the cynicism, but I was asking an honest question. Is there any video footage of the elevator ride?
July 24, 201412 yr I understand the cynicism, but I was asking an honest question. Is there any video footage of the elevator ride? There isn't one for the public. But apparently police and the NFL has one. What ever is on that other video had the government decide not to jail him or fine him and just give him probation also in turn the NFL only suspend him 2 games. I want to see that video. If he straight punched her in the face and its on video I don't know how it isn't longer.
July 24, 201412 yr There isn't one for the public. But apparently police and the NFL has one. What ever is on that other video had the government decide not to jail him or fine him and just give him probation also in turn the NFL only suspend him 2 games. I want to see that video. If he straight punched her in the face and its on video I don't know how it isn't longer. Thanks. I'm surprised the video hasn't been publicized yet.
July 24, 201412 yr Thanks. I'm surprised the video hasn't been publicized yet. Only spot I've heard it mentioned was by Mike Florio on Dan Patrick show today. I'm sure it will be at some point.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.