Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ray Rice suspended 2 games by NFL for beating wife.

Featured Replies

What if after on the elevator she tore into him and he pushes her to get her off. As a result she hits her head on the elevator wall and it knocks her out? Does that change anything?

 

I suppose so. But, he's all but admitted he punched her.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Several witnesses reporting seeing them scuffling prior to going into the elevator, and I think one claims to have seen him punch her. So, I think it's unlikely she just randomly passed out on the elevator trip.

 

Thanks Habib. I posted my question/scenario without paying enough attention to the actual story. I haven't watched a lot of ESPN lately and I don't exactly miss it.

I don't condone Rice's actions at all. With that said, I think this is ridiculous. I've been in law enforcement for over 20 years and I see DV on an almost daily basis. How many of those folks do you see on espn or cnn publicly apologizing and then being criticized because their apology wasn't good enough? I get that a pro athlete is always in the spotlight because of "their job", but what gives any of us the right to be involved in their personal lives? Does your work suspend any of you for your issues at home? Chances are they would never even know you had an incident. Do the 2-3 DV calls a night have to go in front of the public and be shamed for their actions? No. DV, other offenses, and drugs is a huge issue everywhere in the world. It shouldn't be a celebrity or an athlete doing it to make a public deal out of it.

Since 2000, there have been somewhere in the neighborhood of 85 domestic violence arrests in the NFL according to USA Today. Of those, 7 of the arrested were released by their teams. 10 players, including Ray Rice, were suspended by the NFL. The longest suspension- Ray Rice's 2 game suspension.

 

USA Today | Sports | NFL

 

The inconsistency of the outrage about this bothers me. I don't remember the media being as vocal with Larry Johnson years ago or with Brandon Marshall. It makes it seem as if this issue only becomes relevant with TMZ video. Guys have actually gone through very similar circumstances as Ray Rice and not been suspended- did diversion programs and the whole nine yards.

 

Is the outrage over the issue or is it over the video? It will be interesting to see how folks react to Greg Hardy's case, IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.