Reds vs. Nationals (7/25 - 7/27/14)

I'll go ahead & give this thing a whirl.

The Reds are winless since the All Star Break, having been swept by the Yankees & Brewers.

Fortunately, they return home to GABP and have their three (3) best pitchers taking the bump in the upcoming series against Washington: Alfredo Simon, Johnny Cueto, and Mat Latos.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Reds have a pretty crucial stretch coming up. In their next 17 games, they have some very winnable series...

Nationals (3 in Cincy)

Diamondbacks (3 in Cincy)

Marlins (4 in Miami)

Cleveland (2 in Cleveland immediately followed by 2 in Cincy for a total of 4)

Marlins (3 in Cincy)

I understand the frustrations with this team, but I still have a glimmer of hope.

^ I just don't see it unless BP and Votto magically are healthy this week.

No way either of these two guys should be rushed back to compete for a wild card spot. Like it or not (mostly not) we're stuck with both of them and need them to be healthy for NEXT season. This one is over.

The Reds are out like the fat kid in dodgeball. Like Tiger Woods, post Elin. Like UK during the Billy G term. Like UK football. Like the Steelers with Kordell. Like the Bengals, well, most of their existence. Like the Sixers. Like LRCW trying to leg out a bunt. You know,,,,,out.

We need to all get calm, sit down, hold hands, and think some happy thoughts about the Reds!:D

I'm calm. My expectations are realistic. They are still ahead of where I thought they would be this season and no one could have predicted the amount of injuries they have had. Reality, right now, is that they will decline without two of their more productive offensive guys on an offensively challenged team.