Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tony Dungy: I wouldn’t have taken Michael Sam

Featured Replies

First how many were convicted that is a little different from arrested. Domestic issues are nasty situation no rationale human would support . But you are trying to muddy the waters . Bottom line is most NFL teams didn't think Sams could help their team or even if they saw a chance they didn't think the ROI was worth the risk. It really is that simple. Dungy is one of the more classy people on this planet still breathing . For his character to be called into question is a joke.

 

Who is questioning character?

  • Replies 97
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who is questioning character?

 

You been watching TV ? I've heard him called a fraud more than once.

You been watching TV ? I've heard him called a fraud more than once.

 

No, thank goodness.

It really is that simple. Dungy is one of the more classy people on this planet still breathing . For his character to be called into question is a joke.

 

I haven't for a second questioned Tony's character. I'm simply pointing out (and apparently muddying the water) that the league has a bigger issue than whether or not an openly gay dude should play in their league.

 

I think had Tony not come out against gay marriage a few years ago, which is certainly his right, this wouldn't have been as big an issue.

I haven't for a second questioned Tony's character. I'm simply pointing out (and apparently muddying the water) that the league has a bigger issue than whether or not an openly gay dude should play in their league.

 

I think had Tony not come out against gay marriage a few years ago, which is certainly his right, this wouldn't have been as big an issue.

 

I guess I don't get your point. The NFL isn't suspending players for being gay like domestic abuse . Some coaches just don't think the media fire storm is worth it on a mediocre talent. I just don't see the correlation of the intended point you are making .

I guess I don't get your point. The NFL isn't suspending players for being gay like domestic abuse . Some coaches just don't think the media fire storm is worth it on a mediocre talent. I just don't see the correlation of the intended point you are making .

 

While I agree with you that Michael Sam is a borderline NFL player and every team (likely) would have taken him if he was an openly gay JaDaveon Clowney, that wasn't Dungy said. Dungy said drafting the first openly gay player would be a distraction. Now you can infer into that what you want, but my point is I'd rather draft (or have as a teammate) an openly gay player versus a guy that beats up his wife. That was my point. You keep going back to Sam isn't a great player, however, that isn't what Dungy said.

While I agree with you that Michael Sam is a borderline NFL player and every team (likely) would have taken him if he was an openly gay JaDaveon Clowney, that wasn't Dungy said. Dungy said drafting the first openly gay player would be a distraction. Now you can infer into that what you want, but my point is I'd rather draft (or have as a teammate) an openly gay player versus a guy that beats up his wife. That was my point. You keep going back to Sam isn't a great player, however, that isn't what Dungy said.

 

When is the last time a domestic issue caused a media firestorm like Michael Sam? The distraction is the media hysteria not him actually being gay. If he performs even guys who may be against gay marriage won't care who he dates if he helps them win. But if he gets there is a marginal player and they have to deal with the hysteria well then that is a huge risk. Blame the media who has short attention span and come the NFL season will have no interest in the Ray Rice issue.

When is the last time a domestic issue caused a media firestorm like Michael Sam? The distraction is the media hysteria not him actually being gay. If he performs even guys who may be against gay marriage won't care who he dates if he helps them win. But if he gets there is a marginal player and they have to deal with the hysteria well then that is a huge risk. Blame the media who has short attention span and come the NFL season will have no interest in the Ray Rice issue.

 

Tiger Woods?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.