July 6, 201412 yr The Bengals offense seemed to be better than me or anyone wanted to give them credit for last year. They finished as one of the best offenses in the league last year. The Bengals finished in the top 10 for total offense. The Bengals finished second only to the Broncos in red zone efficiency and scoring touchdowns when in the red zone. The Bengals finished fifth in yard differential to yards gained to yards given up. The Bengals finished 6th in points scored per game. I can't find the stat but I believe I heard the Bengals were also in the top 5 in short yardage situations. The only offensive stat that they really weren't in the top 10 in was rushing. So overall Gruden did a pretty good job with this offense even with some questionable play calls at times. Hopefully Hue Jackson can keep this going and get the rushing game up to par. The weapons are there now also Dalton has to do it when playing top teams!
July 6, 201412 yr Author Turnovers is exactly what cost them from being a top 5 scoring offense because they did have the fifth most turnovers. A lot of interceptions and fumbles last year.
July 7, 201412 yr Turnovers is exactly what cost them from being a top 5 scoring offense because they did have the fifth most turnovers. A lot of interceptions and fumbles last year. That speaks volumes. No need to polish a turd.
July 7, 201412 yr Author That speaks volumes. No need to polish a turd. Obviously! Turnovers can dictate who wins a game. So that is saying something about the talent and potential of this offense if it still is one of the top scoring teams in the nfl even with turning the ball over alot and with a so far average at best qb. Just imagine where there offense is then with less turnovers. A big part of that is on daltons shoulders obviuosly which is something we all agree on. So hopefully if hue gets the running game going it will help cut down on daltons picks. At least lets hope so lol.
July 7, 201412 yr Tied for 18th in turnovers in the league. Mid pack. It is when and where on the field they happen that you need to really analyze. Actually the Bengals had a +3 turnover differential, which is average. They have to improve in this category.
July 8, 201412 yr Author Tied for 18th in turnovers in the league. Mid pack. It is when and where on the field they happen that you need to really analyze. Actually the Bengals had a +3 turnover differential, which is average. They have to improve in this category. 18th? Where did you find that? Im not saying your wrong because maybe I looked at the wrong thing but what I saw had them with the 5th most.Which the defense produced like the third most turnovers. So the only reason why the turnover differential was just average was because all the turnovers the offense had. Cut that in half and they are in great shape.
July 8, 201412 yr Author Tied for 18th in turnovers in the league. Mid pack. It is when and where on the field they happen that you need to really analyze. Actually the Bengals had a +3 turnover differential, which is average. They have to improve in this category. Basically any turnover is bad except maybe a long pass on third and long thats picked. Other than that it doesnt matter where on the field it happens its bad because it ends a drive. If your driving and it happens then it takes points off the board. If your on your own side of the field or even mid field and it happens then it gives that team great field position.
July 8, 201412 yr I know they drafted a center, which can only help. Have they done anything else to improve the OL? If Whit is back at LT. they are mediocre up front at best.
July 8, 201412 yr 18th? Where did you find that? Im not saying your wrong because maybe I looked at the wrong thing but what I saw had them with the 5th most.Which the defense produced like the third most turnovers. So the only reason why the turnover differential was just average was because all the turnovers the offense had. Cut that in half and they are in great shape. I googled it they had 26 TO's tied with the Chargers unless I read it wrong
July 8, 201412 yr I have seen two different versions - ESPN has the listed with 26 giveaways and 29 takeaways; NFL has them with 30 giveaways and 31 takeaways. They would have the 8th most with NFL stats. Regardless, too many!
July 9, 201412 yr Author I have seen two different versions - ESPN has the listed with 26 giveaways and 29 takeaways; NFL has them with 30 giveaways and 31 takeaways. They would have the 8th most with NFL stats. Regardless, too many! Still confused where you are finding this stuff. I just looked at espn again and its still what I saw the first time I said it. It list them having 30 turnovers which was fifth most in the nfl.
July 9, 201412 yr Author I know they drafted a center, which can only help. Have they done anything else to improve the OL? If Whit is back at LT. they are mediocre up front at best. They added some depth but thats about it. They should have made sure collins signed back.
July 9, 201412 yr The key to this years offense will simply be if they can get a running game. The less the team has to lean on Daltons arm the better they will be. IF they can get a running game going then that will open up the passing game and also help Dalton out.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.