Mike Riddle named new Head Coach at George Rogers Clark

MNCM

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mike Riddle announced as new Head Coach at GRC.

Riddle hired as new football coach at George Rogers Clark - The Winchester Sun: GRC Sports

I think this is a fantastic move for GRC. Will be very interested to see how he develops the program over the summer.

Well this is interesting, Don't know the guy and wish him the best of luck by why is this a great hire. Never been a head coach or a coordinator. I was told he has not coached anywhere the past two seasons. Also is he a teacher? I heard he is a para- professional, I believe this will be difficult to gather the troops with him not being in the building, JMO. I see with there schedule and such a late hire another dismal season for the Cards. Anybody know what scheme he will run, spread, I, etc. ? What kind of defense? Who will be his assistants ? Going to be an interesting summer to see how they develop.

Anyone have any info on him? Background?

It is in the article posted in the first post:

The Cardinals introduced former University of Kentucky offensive lineman Mike Riddle as coach this morning at the school. Riddle lettered for four seasons with the Wildcats (1995-98) and was named Scout Team Player of the Year in 1998. Riddle played under Bill Curry and Hal Mumme at Kentucky and was on the team’s 1998 squad that lost to Penn State in the Outback Bowl.

Riddle coached under Curry at Georgia State for five seasons and was Curry’s offensive line coach before Curry announced his retirement at the end of the 2012 season.

Following his career at Kentucky, Riddle was an assistant coach at Colerain High School in Cincinnati and Lexington Catholic High School in Lexington. He also was a graduate assistant coach and offensive quality control assistant at Indiana University.

Riddle hired as new football coach at George Rogers Clark - The Winchester Sun: GRC Sports

If he has Kerry Coombs blood in him, then he ought to be pretty good. Great looking resume. Maybe they will run the triple and the 50 slant:popcorn:

Georgia State and Colerain... I say yes the triple option is definitely getting installed at GRC. Defense will most likely be an odd front with 2 high safeties.

Good luck to the new coach, I think GRC should be winning yr in and yr out.

Columbia is the longtime HC before Collins was hired.

Stepp was previously the HC at Shelby Valley, asst at Franklin County, and HC at Berea & Clay County once before, too (I might be missing another school)

McWhorter was the HC at Berea a few years back for a bit, not sure of where else he has coached.

Columbia is the longtime HC before Collins was hired.

Stepp was previously the HC at Shelby Valley, asst at Franklin County, and HC at Berea & Clay County once before, too (I might be missing another school)

McWhorter was the HC at Berea a few years back for a bit, not sure of where else he has coached.

Pretty sure Stepp was the head coach at Harrison County for one year following Ray Graham then he was head coach at Franklin County for a couple of years before Shelby Valley.

Well this is interesting, Don't know the guy and wish him the best of luck by why is this a great hire. Never been a head coach or a coordinator. I was told he has not coached anywhere the past two seasons. Also is he a teacher? I heard he is a para- professional, I believe this will be difficult to gather the troops with him not being in the building, JMO. I see with there schedule and such a late hire another dismal season for the Cards. Anybody know what scheme he will run, spread, I, etc. ? What kind of defense? Who will be his assistants ? Going to be an interesting summer to see how they develop.

The newly-hired Clark coach doesn’t favor one offensive or defensive scheme over another but plans to install a system that tailors to the team’s personnel and is suited to the here and now.

“I’ve got a very adaptable playbook,” he said. “Ultimately that is going to be dictated by the talent that we have on our team. I haven’t been able to work with the kids yet, but I would say we’re definitely going to run the ball and we’re going to stop the run.”

Regardless of the offensive or defensive schemes, Riddle wants the Cards to be balanced on the offensive side of the ball.

“Primarily it’s going to be a one-back, 11-personnel, sometimes 12-personnel with two tight ends, but if we’ve got an excellent receiving corps and a quarterback that can throw it, we’ll go with a four-wide look and go spread (on offense). It’s going to be balanced, regardless,” he said.” It will never be all run or all pass. It’s going to be a balanced attack that’s mixed up.

“We’ll have the capacity to play fast and we’ll grind it some and slow it down a little bit and protect the lead, we can do that,” he said.

Riddle also plans to keep the playbook simple instead of “trying to do too much and overwhelm the kids.

http://www.centralkynews.com/winchestersun/sports/high_school/grc/prep-football-grc-coach-mike-riddle-lists-discipline-as-top/article_42d24656-ece5-11e3-9380-001a4bcf6878.html

• 1 month later...
The Cardinals introduced former University of Kentucky offensive lineman Mike Riddle as coach this morning at the school. Riddle lettered for four seasons with the Wildcats (1995-98) and was named Scout Team Player of the Year in 1998. Riddle played under Bill Curry and Hal Mumme at Kentucky and was on the team’s 1998 squad that lost to Penn State in the Outback Bowl.

A local website has evidence that Mike Riddle did not letter for four seasons at UK. Why would Mike Riddle knowingly provide false information on his biography during the interview process? This doesn't make sense.

Misinformation Regarding New GRC Football Coach