Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bryan Station

Featured Replies

Any word on this job, with many teams starting summer ball, it would be a wise decision to hire a quality coach by this week lol.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word is the Hopkinsville coach interviewed but withdrew his name. Others I have heard are Jaron Brown and Tommy Johnson who have interviewed.

  • Author

Unless the Hopkinsville coach had relatives in Lexington I wouldn't leave Hop town. Tommy Johnson would be a great candidate as well as Jaron Brown. Best of luck to both of them.

Will Bryan Station hire a basketball coach tonight at the Board meeting or is the meeting just to discuss finances?

Will Bryan Station hire a basketball coach tonight at the Board meeting or is the meeting just to discuss finances?

 

Heard it was a done deal that Tommy Johnson will be named new coach at Bryan Station. Hoptown guy passed on the job.

Coach Johnson wasn't a head coach @ Lafayette. I am pretty sure that he was an assistant there for a little bit though. He is now @ Franklin County as Head Coach.

He was assistant at Lafayette couple years ago. He has been head coach at Franklin County the past two seasons.

Will Bryan Station hire a basketball coach tonight at the Board meeting or is the meeting just to discuss finances?

 

I think that school district has more to worry about @ the board meeting than hiring a basketball coach...... The news coming out of that place is crazy in financial terms.

I was told no decision has been made about Tommy Johnson becoming the head coach.

There is no question the entire Fayette County School System has major money problems. I was just wondering if Bryan Station was going to have somebody in place for summer activities. The Station job is a big time job but there is a lot of internal organizing that needs to take place. I was hoping a coach would be in place by June.

There is no question the entire Fayette County School System has major money problems. I was just wondering if Bryan Station was going to have somebody in place for summer activities. The Station job is a big time job but there is a lot of internal organizing that needs to take place. I was hoping a coach would be in place by June.

 

No problem Messenger, I hope that my post wasnt taken as being brash. I was just trying to say that the BOE doesn't hire any of the coaches, they are all hired @ the school level in Fayette County. The only think that the board does is approve a list of coaches that are hired that are given to them from the schools.

 

Hopefully Bryan Station locks in on one candidate & closes the deal soon, it is tough going into the summer session at Anyschool USA without a coach in place especially with the year round involvement that is allowed now by the KHSAA.

I can't believe Jaron Brown is not getting a chance after the success he had with Station late last season.

I can't believe Jaron Brown is not getting a chance after the success he had with Station late last season.

 

He may get that chance. Tommy Johnson has not been named the coach as of this point.

I can't believe Jaron Brown is not getting a chance after the success he had with Station late last season.

 

I totally agree, he sat there the last couple years watching that craziness, the whole time staying positive and being there for those boys. Knowing what I know now, that had to be awful hard.

 

If I had a vote he would get mine...

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.