Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy Donovan leaving Florida?

Featured Replies

Which NBA open Job would be the "Best" Job to get...that may give us an idea of where he "Might" be persuaded to go

HE GONE!!!! :wave: :walk:

Only Job I see him leaving for in College would be Duke if they came calling. Other than that, hes NBA bound if he leaves.

I pity the poor chap who happens to follow Coach K...

I pity the poor chap who happens to follow Coach K...

I agree! Whoever is the coach after Coach K, if they have 1 or 2 sub par seasons, the heat would get just as bad as was on Billy Clyde at UK. Look at what happened at UNC after Smith left.

I don't know if it's been mentioned here, but Donovan and Florida AD Jeremy Foley are TIGHT. They have a strong bond, and Foley has been there for Donovan through the loss of a child. IMO, Donovan will never do wrong by Foley, and if he leaves, it is only with a clear conscious.

 

If Donovan were going to leave for another college job, it probably would have been Kentucky. If he were going to leave for a pro job, he had a great opportunity with Orlando. Not saying he's never going to leave, but I'll have a hard time seeing it until I see it so long as Jeremy Foley is there.

 

He's working in the sunshine for a boss he loves. Don't underestimate how much less someone would take to work in a climate like that as compared to the winters of Cleveland (not trying to knock the City of Rock, but it is what it is). His parents moved to the area, his son will be walking on for him next year, he chartered the first Catholic High School in Gainesville, the list goes on and on. Leaving for the NBA means he runs the risk of being another coach. It's hard to see him ever being "another coach" at Florida. He IS Florida basketball, and I think he's happy with his legacy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.