Scott 4 Harrison County 3 (10th Region Tournament)

So you deem intentionally hitting a high school player the proper vindication for a trick play? Interesting. What's next? Charging the mound when someone lays down a suicide squeeze? These are kids, not professionals, nor are they even college athletes. The thought of intentionally harming their well being, or potentially ending their career, season, etc., is a flat out joke.

Did I say anywhere in my post about intentionally hitting a player? Throwing behind or over player to get a message across about embarrassing my players is not anywhere near what you have gotten out of my post. I swear some of you on here have to have everything explained to you:deadhorse: and yes that play is bush league and the fake to the the outfield is to if it makes everyone feel better. This is tournament baseball not the 3rd game of the season, win with your pitching,defense and hitting:walk:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this being said I feel like coach Whitaker left in starter John King an inning to long. I thought he showed signs if fatigue in the 5th and barely got out of the inning thanks to a tremendous diving catch by outfielder Noah Mitchell. Despite early errors Scott did the little things right and prevailed. Great season for the Breds and honestly better than I expected. A bunch players who have not seen much playing time in high school were called upon to fill roles this year and adjusted great. Good luck to both teams moving on to the finals. But I would sure like to see bourbon lose.

Did I say anywhere in my post about intentionally hitting a player? Throwing behind or over player to get a message across about embarrassing my players is not anywhere near what you have gotten out of my post. I swear some of you on here have to have everything explained to you:deadhorse: and yes that play is bush league and the fake to the the outfield is to if it makes everyone feel better. This is tournament baseball not the 3rd game of the season, win with your pitching,defense and hitting:walk:

So what message does throwing at the kid send if you have no intention of hitting him?? Just trying to scare him?? If you don't hit him, no message is sent. It means nothing. I look at it this way. The team pulling the hidden ball trick has done nothing to embarrass the player getting tagged out. That team simply took advantage of a bad play the kid made. Should the defensive team not take advantage of a runner that foolishly wanders off the base?? Baserunning is just as important as pitching, hitting and defense. Part of the game is taking advantage of another teams mistakes. Some of those mistakes are big and embarrassing. I guarantee the kid never makes that mistake again.

I could care less who won this game, but for a high school team to do something you do in coach pitch or at the little league level is bush league. The player or players from Scott that made that call hit the dirt on their next at bats if I'm coaching

It's part of the game, bush league or not. Harrison base runner should have been paying attention. No excuse!

I truly think you're ignorant, but I typed that with my batting gloves on so that makes me a winner.

Mac does this stuff all the time. Sometimes the shoe is on the other foot.

No biggie to me. Nice if it works, but at the high-school level it shouldn't work.

Spot on. Coach Whitaker probably has a hidden ball trick in his bag somewhere as well. College teams do this kind of thing all the time. It is not a bad thing or bush league to put a little fun in the game.

Some call it Bush league, I call it smart baseball. Your taught at a young age not to take your lead until the pitcher toes the rubber. Quick story: I'm playing shortstop, 1 out and a runner on 1st. Runner attempts to steal and the pitch is in the dirt. I'm at 2nd base and put my hands up and tell the runner foul ball. Kid turns to return to 1st and we nail him. He took the bait like a large mouth bass. He was not a happy camper and I knew when I came to bat next time I was going to wear one. True story that happened in a college regional game. We went on to win 4-3 against the 7th ranked team in the country. That's not bush league, just knowin the game better and out smarting your opponent.