Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

$25 Donation

Featured Replies

I was headed through Burlington on my way out of town. There was a police car sitting in the middle of the road. I looked down not knowing how far over the speed limit I might be (I have a tough time keeping it at or under 35 on the 4 Lane highway there). Relieved that I wasn't speeding, I moved on. But before I got to Camp Earnst, blue lights in the rear view. Busted.... Not wearing my seat belt. $25

 

The young officer apologized as he gave me the ticket. I told him I earned it. And I had.

 

But I hate that law. It especially got under my skin today as 4 motorcycle riders flew by with no helmets. Not that I think that should be law either....

I haven't considered it from that point of view, but you're right. You are no more "unsafe" than those who ride motorcycles.

Don't understand the no helmet law

You broke the law and got dinged for 25.

Bikers pay 25 bucks, or some fee, to get a sticker that says they can ride without a helmet. It's all about the money.

Personally I wear a belt, but it should be a choice if you want to take your life into your hands and go without a belt or helmet.

  • Author

I guess I'm just really against the vast majority of laws that protect me from myself and no one else.

There's absolutely no reason there shouldn't be a law for Motorcyclists to wear a helmet. It's a stupid non-law that's far worse than not wearing a seat belt.

There's absolutely no reason there shouldn't be a law for Motorcyclists to wear a helmet. It's a stupid non-law that's far worse than not wearing a seat belt.

 

Agree

There's absolutely no reason there shouldn't be a law for Motorcyclists to wear a helmet. It's a stupid non-law that's far worse than not wearing a seat belt.

My guess is that the motorcycle manufacturers pay the lawmakers.

Lots of stupid folks buy motorcycles so that they can feel the wind in their hair. Put on a helmet. Now it's a different MC experience. Now MC sales go down.

Reason for No Helmet law - they say the weight if the helmet breaks the neck of the riders on the neck.

Reason for No Helmet law - they say the weight if the helmet breaks the neck of the riders on the neck.

 

As opposed to the road breaking their head

Reason for No Helmet law - they say the weight if the helmet breaks the neck of the riders on the neck.

 

There's no logic with that because they'll still break their neck and smash their skull without a helmet.

There's no logic with that because they'll still break their neck and smash their skull without a helmet.

 

The same can happen inside an automobile as well, but we don't wear helmets inside them.

The same can happen inside an automobile as well, but we don't wear helmets inside them.

 

True but we are required by law to wear a seat belt, and we are inside a car that is covered in metal and can withstand most crashes, not all though.

Take a car and crash into a guardrail head on without a seat belt and then crash head on into a guardrail while riding a motorcycle without a helmet....Guarantee I know which one is hurt worse.

True but we are required by law to wear a seat belt, and we are inside a car that is covered in metal and can withstand most crashes, not all though.

 

And how many things can your head hit in the vehicle when involved in a crash, with no helmet on, regardless of a seat belt being on?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.