$25 Donation

Plato

I was headed through Burlington on my way out of town. There was a police car sitting in the middle of the road. I looked down not knowing how far over the speed limit I might be (I have a tough time keeping it at or under 35 on the 4 Lane highway there). Relieved that I wasn't speeding, I moved on. But before I got to Camp Earnst, blue lights in the rear view. Busted.... Not wearing my seat belt. $25

The young officer apologized as he gave me the ticket. I told him I earned it. And I had.

But I hate that law. It especially got under my skin today as 4 motorcycle riders flew by with no helmets. Not that I think that should be law either....

You broke the law and got dinged for 25.

Bikers pay 25 bucks, or some fee, to get a sticker that says they can ride without a helmet. It's all about the money.

Personally I wear a belt, but it should be a choice if you want to take your life into your hands and go without a belt or helmet.

There's absolutely no reason there shouldn't be a law for Motorcyclists to wear a helmet. It's a stupid non-law that's far worse than not wearing a seat belt.

My guess is that the motorcycle manufacturers pay the lawmakers.

Lots of stupid folks buy motorcycles so that they can feel the wind in their hair. Put on a helmet. Now it's a different MC experience. Now MC sales go down.

The same can happen inside an automobile as well, but we don't wear helmets inside them.

True but we are required by law to wear a seat belt, and we are inside a car that is covered in metal and can withstand most crashes, not all though.

True but we are required by law to wear a seat belt, and we are inside a car that is covered in metal and can withstand most crashes, not all though.

And how many things can your head hit in the vehicle when involved in a crash, with no helmet on, regardless of a seat belt being on?