Ronda Rousey vs Floyd Mayweather in MMA fight...who wins?

Very very few, if ANY MMA guys strike like a top ranked boxer or have hands nearly as fast. I have seen this discussed before and this is pretty much the consensuses. Well, maybe from about everyone but Dana White.

Look back at some of the first UFC matches when there were no weight classes and guys from every discipline came out to see who was the best. Pure "Boxers" hardly ever won a match.

Hand speed is great but Floyd has no power with it.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they fought MMA, sure. Just like if they straight boxed Floyd would destroy him.

Exactly that's what I've been saying, everyone looks at this as a boxing match. Boxing, Floyd wins no doubt it. In a MMA match there are virtually 1000's of fighters that would beat him easily and a I honestly think a couple of the top females could too in a MMA Fight.

Give Floyd a year to train in MMA (especially defense) and he'd be much much more formidable, but put him in the octagon tomorrow and I think he loses.

Exactly that's what I've been saying, everyone looks at this as a boxing match. Boxing, Floyd wins no doubt it. In a MMA match there are virtually 1000's of fighters that would beat him easily and a I honestly think a couple of the top females could too in a MMA Fight.

Give Floyd a year to train in MMA (especially defense) and he'd be much much more formidable, but put him in the octagon tomorrow and I think he loses.

Sorry, but there is no chance she'd beat Floyd in a fight, whether it be MMA or boxing. That's just delusional IMO.

Sorry, but there is no chance she'd beat Floyd in a fight, whether it be MMA or boxing. That's just delusional IMO.

or short sighted by you and many others...You probably think you'd beat anyone in the WNBA in one on one just because they are a girl too. :lol2:

or short sighted by you and many others...You probably think you'd beat anyone in the WNBA in one on one just because they are a girl too. :lol2:

No, not at all. That's just an ignorant statement. He's one of the best fighters in the world. To act like a female MMA fighter could beat him is beyond ridiculous.

As far as short-sightedness goes, the same can be said for you. You won't even entertain the idea that he'd destroy her.

No, not at all. That's just an ignorant statement. He's one of the best fighters in the world. To act like a female MMA fighter could beat him is beyond ridiculous.

As far as short-sightedness goes, the same can be said for you. You won't even entertain the idea that he'd destroy her.

He would destroy her in a boxing match, I agree. But take a boxer out of his element and they normally don't fair well against others at the top of their fighting discipline. Floyd is a boxer not a puncher...meaning he jabs you and jabs you building up points for a decision.

But she too is one of the best in the world at what she does, it's not like she's a cashier at Walmart. She trains and fights year round to be the best at what she does. She wrestles and fights with men stronger and faster than herself everyday.

Maybe Floyd would beat her in a MMA fight and maybe he should, but luckily for him like Manny Pacquiao in his prime we'll never know.

Can't believe this is turning into a landslide for money, don't you guys watch MMA or know anything about fighting?

Yes in a boxing match Floyd would dominate, but we are not talking boxing match. Ronda Rousey is an Olympic Judo ace who can toss guys twice the size of Floyd. She may have to eat a punch or two working her way to the inside but Floyd isn't really a power guy. As soon as she gets her hands on him it wouldn't be pretty. Once she gets into the clinch it's game over for Floyd, she's going to toss him, end up on top of him and then working him from there (likely ending it in an arm bar in true Ronda fashion). Money's punching prowless will do him zero good when he is on his back and wondering what this woman is trying to do to me. She would have him submitted faster than he could scream money team.

His brittle little hands would break trying to hit her on top of the head as she shot in low for a take down. I agree with Dana White, in an MMA fight tomorrow she would hurt him. Give him 6months+ to work on defense and it would be a good fight. In a boxing match he'd beat her easily, but if she can grapple...she wins!

:thumb:

Not counting attitude factor. Money is cocky, but Ronda talks the talk and walks the walk, she has that mean streak that Floyd doesn't. Unless he knocked her out clean she would not keep coming forward, that's why she gets at least one take down and one would be all she needed.

All he'd need is one punch. She couldn't keep up with him in order to take him down. He'd just move out of the way each time she'd try, then as she's regrouping, it's lights out.

How many boxing matches go for more than 30 seconds without coming to a clinch (hug) with the refs having to intervene. Floyd is a counter puncher not an aggressive power guy. All she has to do is get into arms length, grab an arm, neck, leg, whatever, and then he is her's. To act like she could never catch him is funny, if he wanted to engage he would have to close distance unless he just wanted to run from a girl all night. When they close distance they clinch plain and simple and then he's in her world.

:thumb:

Exactly, I don't think people are comprehending the ability of a top notch grappler in comparison to a boxer. I mean Rogan and Dana are two of the knowledgeable fight buffs on the planet, boxing, MMA, and all martial arts. They know what they are talking about, if they are pumping her up like that then it's not impossible. I just don't think people understand the talent of an Olympic level Judo ace or wrestler, male or female.

No, because your analogy is synonymous with a premier WNBAer vs. Rajon Rondo for instance. In a game of one on one, the female has no chance. Big freakin' goose egg. This argument can't be won obviously because it would never happen, however, no chance I think a top flite athlete ala Mayweather would lose to a similar top flite athlete of the opposite sex. Too funny. When Rowsey beats a man in the octagon, I'll listen. It's Floyd Mayweather, not PP92.

Exactly, I don't think people are comprehending the ability of a top notch grappler in comparison to a boxer. I mean Rogan and Dana are two of the knowledgeable fight buffs on the planet, boxing, MMA, and all martial arts. They know what they are talking about, if they are pumping her up like that then it's not impossible. I just don't think people understand the talent of an Olympic level Judo ace or wrestler, male or female.

Or they're promoting their brand like any good business person would do....Floyd isn't some chump off the street, he's a world-class athlete. One of the best fighters in the world. I just don't think people understand the talent and athletic ability of a world-class level boxer.