U of L inks new deal with Adidas....5 years, $40 mil

RockPride

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm usually a traditionalist, but I don't care so much about sports uniforms. Most of stems from the fact that Louisville's uniforms haven't been very good in a long time anyway. The infrared uniforms were better than any uniform the Cardinals had worn for years before that.

I'll admit I liked the highlighter red better than the animal print and the tight short-sleeve T-shirt look.

For some reason I couldn't find Notre Dame listed on that link, however, the rumor when they signed with Under Armor was that it was for 10 years and 90 million. Couldn't find what Adidas was paying them, but I'd imaging then leaving freed up a bunch of cash for Adidas to throw towards UL and other top Adidas schools.

For some reason I couldn't find Notre Dame listed on that link, however, the rumor when they signed with Under Armor was that it was for 10 years and 90 million. Couldn't find what Adidas was paying them, but I'd imaging then leaving freed up a bunch of cash for Adidas to throw towards UL and other top Adidas schools.

Private schools did not have to report.

Someone help me out on this, I'm not much of a business man. So Addidas gives us an 8 million allowance per year. Where does Addidas profit ?

Advertising. Adidas logos on everything including a new press conference backdrop they used today.

I hate adidas. :lol2:

I really can't wrap my head around how their directors of design and marketing think some of the things they've thrown out in the past few years have been a good idea.

Some of the only things they've done that I've really been a fan of were the dark Texas A&M unis and some of the UCLA football looks (here, here, and here.

Some of the basketball stuff in the McDonald's All-American games 2013 & 2012 has been hideous.

Worst of all, I'd like to think that if some heads didn't roll after the disastrous uniforms that they put Louisville, Kansas, UCLA, Cincinnati, Notre Dame, and Baylor wore, then those responsible for the design probably know where some executive at Adidas has buried a body.

To me, this was a low point for Adidas and reeked of some type of panic/desperation move. Aside from Baylor, the teams they tried to throw these on had some serious tradition. These just aren't the kind of teams you want to try things like this on. You put them on the programs like Baylor, Mississippi State, Texas A&M, etc. for a "big" regular season game (in their terms) and see what kind of response you get. If it's positive, then you approach some of the traditional powers about trying them. You don't just slap them on your cash cows going into the tournament (which has tons of nostalgia/tradition moments associated with it). You especially don't come out of left-field and slap two highly different things like camouflage AND sleeves onto programs like UCLA and Louisville.