Augusta 68 St. Pat 63

Augusta will move on to play Mason Cty thursday nite for the District.More importantly they make there 1st trip to the region in 23 years next week.Congrats to them in a mild upset here.Congrats to Coach Hinson and the Saints on a fine year also.

Great Job from a group a of Great young men. You showed what being a team is all about. To anyone who missed this game you missed one shot from Josh White that was just amazing. End of the 1st quarter hits a 3 from well over half court, nothing but net. Levi Gallager just played one heck of a game as did the rest of the boys. Wish I had some stats just could not keep them tonite. To busy chearing. :dancingpa

Levi Galagher was on fire tonight hitting either 6 or 7 three pointers. Joe Hargett had a solid game and made some big plays. Josh White ran the team like a true floor general. A great effort by all. When Josh White hit a shot from the opposite 3 point line to end the 1st quarter you just knew it was the Panthers night. 1982 was the last time Augusta had a region berth, the town is going crazy tonight. :dancingpa

Gallagher was 7 of 9 from 3 point range. White's shot was 3/4 length of the floor as it happened right in front of my broadcast spot.

Augusta just out played Saint Patrick tonight. The Saints youth showed at times tonight as they were shooting 3's when they did not need to. But sitll a good season for the guys in green.

Augusta shoots 52% from the floor as a team.

Gallagher was 7 of 9 from 3 point range. White's shot was 3/4 length of the floor as it happened right in front of my broadcast spot.

Augusta just out played Saint Patrick tonight. The Saints youth showed at times tonight as they were shooting 3's when they did not need to. But sitll a good season for the guys in green.

Augusta shoots 52% from the floor as a team.

:dancingpa

The town is going crazy tonight. :dancingpa

Keep the noise down - word has it that Nick and Nina retire early.

Since it's been 23 years maybe there is a Nick Clooney authored newspaper article in this. :thumb:

I went to this game, White's shot should be in some sports video's shot of all time, Levi's shooting was something Augusta needed tonight, I said in a post before Augusta would need to bring their best game to beat St.Pat and that's what happened. Congrats To Jason Hinson on his first year, just come out swinging next year coach.

Congrats to the Panthers this year. A lot of teams have passed in 23 years and never accomplished what this team has. Says a lot of these young men. Their work ethic toward the end of this year was nothing short of magnificent. I remember at one time this year, All A classic i believe, when St. Patrick's fans chanted "Two in Two Days!" after the Lady Saints beat the Lady Panthers one night following the Saints close win over the Panthers. Only to be beat two time in one day by the same team. Looks like another chapter is added to the A-Town/St. Pat. story; rivalries are alive and well in the 39th, great job by the KHSAA on the redistricting.

Congratulations to Coach Kelsch and also Coach Hinson, did a great job in his first season. Coach Kelsch has a very heavy monkey off his back.

Congrats to the Panthers this year. A lot of teams have passed in 23 years and never accomplished what this team has. Says a lot of these young men. Their work ethic toward the end of this year was nothing short of magnificent. I remember at one time this year, All A classic i believe, when St. Patrick's fans chanted "Two in Two Days!" after the Lady Saints beat the Lady Panthers one night following the Saints close win over the Panthers. Only to be beat two time in one day by the same team. Looks like another chapter is added to the A-Town/St. Pat. story; rivalries are alive and well in the 39th, great job by the KHSAA on the redistricting.

Congratulations to Coach Kelsch and also Coach Hinson, did a great job in his first season. Coach Kelsch has a very heavy monkey off his back.

:thumb:

The girls' win seemed to get Augusta'a 2 seniors primed for this game. both were very sick and nervous... but when their final buzzer sounded... you could see the two of them come alive... along with the rest of the team jumping and cheering for their friends as they headed to their locker room. Also, the Pep Club has been a huge support this year.

Being from Bracken Co., I know how much Augusta and Bracken got pumped up to play against eachother...so I can just imagine how much the Augusta fans and players are ready to roar! Good luck boys, Mason is a helluva team! Show 'em your small-town pride!