Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky High School Basketball 2014 Awards

Featured Replies

Saw this a few years ago on here and thought it was a fun one.

 

If you were to give out the following awards in the state of Kentucky, who would get them? Keep in mind this goes for the whole state, not MVP "of his team," Most Improved "of his team," etc. Instead it is MVP of KY, Most Improved in KY, etc.

 

MVP -

Most Improved -

Defensive Player -

Best Underclassmen (non-seniors) -

 

Feel free to add more.

MVP-Jackson Davis-Lafayette

 

Defensive Player-Raymond Spalding-Trinity

 

Best Underclassman-Carson Williams-Owen County (not opposed to James Bolden-Holmes)

 

Most Improved-Hagen Tyler-Boyle County (ask Lafayette)

Best Team - Covington Catholic .

Best Player- Jackson Davis

Best Freshman- Devon Cooper

Best Sophmore- Carson Williams

Best Junior- Raymond Spalding

Eli Wright / Quentin Goodin could all be best Soph though IMO

Eli Wright / Quentin Goodin could all be best Soph though IMO

 

Very true. I've heard Eli Wright is the best sophomore in the state.

MVP-Jackson Davis-Lafayette

 

Defensive Player-Raymond Spalding-Trinity

 

Best Underclassman-Carson Williams-Owen County (not opposed to James Bolden-Holmes)

 

Most Improved-Hagen Tyler-Boyle County (ask Lafayette)

 

Are you saying you would have given Mr Basketball to Jackson Davis?

Are you saying you would have given Mr Basketball to Jackson Davis?

 

No. I am saying he is the Most Valuable Player in the state. I think Quentin Snider was correctly awarded Mr. Basketball and BGP Player of the Year. I also think that anyone who saw how good Jackson Davis made Lafayette and what he did to make Lafayette relevant and in the top 10 all year makes him deserving of MVP. Without him Lafayette doesn't make it to the 11th Region tournament.

Very true. I've heard Eli Wright is the best sophomore in the state.

 

I believe he has the most potential

Eli Wright / Quentin Goodin could all be best Soph though IMO

 

How about Malik Dow from Ballard,,pretty nice soph that was surrounded by a lot of talent. He will be more visible next year,,

No. I am saying he is the Most Valuable Player in the state. I think Quentin Snider was correctly awarded Mr. Basketball and BGP Player of the Year. I also think that anyone who saw how good Jackson Davis made Lafayette and what he did to make Lafayette relevant and in the top 10 all year makes him deserving of MVP. Without him Lafayette doesn't make it to the 11th Region tournament.

 

I saw enough of his game in the LexCath tournament to totally agree with above. Man among boys.

Very true. I've heard Eli Wright is the best sophomore in the state.

 

A coach told me not too long ago that after seeing Eli Wright in person for the first time, he was the best player in the state and he wasn't sure it was close.

 

Haven't seen Eli play yet, but Quentin Goodin is REALLY REALLY good. Watched him absolutely dominate at Boo Williams last year. Really wish he would have played up though. Simply too big and strong for most players his age.

IMO, Eli Wright will separate from the field over the next 2 years assuming he stays in the state and doesn't go Prep School (ala D'Angelo Russell) somewhere. He's potentially that good......

IMO, Eli Wright will separate from the field over the next 2 years assuming he stays in the state and doesn't go Prep School (ala D'Angelo Russell) somewhere. He's potentially that good......

 

I've heard he's really good. If he's D'Angelo Russell good then...WOW.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.