Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Like Duke or not, this is classy

Featured Replies

  • Author
Im around same age as most on here and I still hate and will always hate Duke, UL, UNC. Yeah they are solid every year but my feelings never change about them. I hope they lose in all they do from bass fishing to chess.

 

Coach K, it's easy to be first class and gracious when you win. Ask Pitino, he is fine to talk to reporters when he wins, not so when he loses.

Hey, your space ship is double parked.

I guess I'm going to have to be the negative one on this thread. First off I like Duke, more so the 80's-90's Duke than the one that has disappointed for the most part since then with some of the worst losses in the tournament's history(Eastern Michigan,VCU(before they became VCU),Belmont,LeHigh,Mercer) and we all get K is classy, a good guy,etc. but all this congratulating after losses, the patting of each player on the chest like he is the Pope blessing them, the crying in the post game conference every year after getting put out of the tournament has really worn on me over the years. It's almost like he is trying to say and do the right thing so everyone will grow to like Duke. It's just me, but I don't want them to be liked, I miss that arrogance of the old days or even just a few years back with Redick before social media took over. I guess when it comes to coaches I like mine in the vein of Belechick and Harbaugh in football

  • Author

Yeah, the reaction by the players from Mercer proves it was all for show and meant nothing to them. You guys crack me up.

I'm not a Duke fan.

 

I have read "Leading With The Heart" by Coach K and thought it was a worthy read for anyone, sports-fan or not.

 

He talks about how his Dad was a Polish immigrant in Chicago who was a bellhop who worked elevators in a big Chicago hotel to earn what his family had and how much they appreciated it, his time in the military and what it meant to him, and how he teaches his kids that sports are a way of "being something bigger than yourself".

 

Reading it makes you want to be a better person. Whether or not you love or hate Duke, I'd recommend you read it.

 

I had a friend who outlived what doctors expected for him (following a heart and lung transplant) by years, and he said "reading this makes me want to be a better person". That's pretty powerful stuff.

Ask Pitino, he is fine to talk to reporters when he wins, not so when he loses.

 

When did Pitino not talk to reporters after a loss?

And that's how he does every press conference on the road... I'm pretty sure we discussed that.

 

It's been discussed ad nausem unfortunately.

And that's how he does every press conference on the road... I'm pretty sure we discussed that.

 

Must have missed that memo.

Must have missed that memo.

 

Selective amnesia, I'm sure.

Selective amnesia, I'm sure.

 

No, just didnt know. Still pretty pathetic he does it that way, sore loser or bad winner IMO.

I save enough energy so I can hate Kansas.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.