Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer County Coach Brian Britt resigns

Featured Replies

Coach Brian Britt has stepped down as head coach of Mercer County. I was told he resigned last night and informed the team today that he will no longer be the head coach. I was also told that all 4 assistants will not be returning as well. I am a big Brian Britt fan and I hope that he is able to land on his feet with a coaching job somewhere soon. He's a young fella and should have a bright future ahead of him.

 

From what I have gathered he didn't want to step down as the head coach.

 

 

Good luck going forward, Coach Britt!!!!!

Coach Brian Britt has stepped down as head coach of Mercer County. I was told he resigned last night and informed the team today that he will no longer be the head coach. I was also told that all 4 assistants will not be returning as well. I am a big Brian Britt fan and I hope that he is able to land on his feet with a coaching job somewhere soon. He's a young fella and should have a bright future ahead of him.

 

From what I have gathered he didn't want to step down as the head coach.

 

 

Good luck going forward, Coach Britt!!!!!

 

Hummm...comes as a little bit of a shock to me. Seems he had the team heading in the right direction.

He did not want to step down. He was very excited to coach the kids that were coming back next year. I think the JV team, went 9-4 or 10-4 without 2 key sophomores and an 8th grader playing varsity only and another sophomore not being able to play at all, coming off injury. The trajectory for this team seemed to be in line with Boyle and Lincoln over the past several years. Boyle and Lincoln County's records before this year are comparable to Mercer's over the past four years. This year, Boyle and Lincoln's main talents were juniors, which is what Mercer County's will be next season. I could see Mercer having the same jump in quality of play next year as Boyle and Lincoln had this year. Hager and Faulkner having another year under their belt, possibly getting Drew Davis back from an injury that has sidelined him for the past two seasons, and teaming them up with a talented group of juniors and sophomores to be made it seem like the team is heading in the right direction. He also led them to two regional semifinals appearances in the four years he was at the helm. Best of luck to Coach Britt and the Mercer basketball players.

Mercer really needs to take their time and make th right hire. When Britt was hired it seems like it was handed over to him without seeing who else may be interested in the job.

I hate to see Britt go but I am glad that it doesn't seem like the most recent Mercer departure is parent motivated. I think Britt will bounce back on his feet.

 

I can't wait to see who they go get to replace him.

  • Author

I've been told Coach Britt has joined the staff at Boyle County as an assistant.

 

I personally love the move by Coach Adams to bring him aboard. I feel like it benefits both parties and allows Coach Britt to also be able to stay coaching without the pressure and expectations of a head coach. I think he has a great opportunity to learn from Coach Adams and his staff and I look forward to running into him soon. I've always liked Coach Britt and I know a lot of kids that loved playing for him. Hopefully this will allow Coach Britt to get back to the basics of what he loves and possibly opening the door to another head coaching job for him somewhere on down the road.

 

Welcome to Boyle, Coach!!! See you soon.

Agree. Glad to see Coach Britt land on his feet.

Welcome to the REBELS coach Britt. Great move by Coach Adams . Kids will respond to coach Britt.

Welcome to the REBELS coach Britt. Great move by Coach Adams . Kids will respond to coach Britt.

 

From what I've heard, a lot of kids have already responded.

  • Author
From what I've heard, a lot of kids have already responded.

 

My kid loves him.

My kid loves him.

 

There you go. 3 days on the job and look at the response from one of the kids. That's what I'm saying.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.