March 12, 201412 yr Ehh, Revis is injury prone at this point, and even when healthy, I think he's lost a step. Coming off an ACL tear and still making the Pro Bowl is solid. You have to think next season he will be closer to 100%. The other injury that sticks in mind with Revis is a hamstring pull he had after he was holding out that one season and he was not in shape. Once he got in to shape that season and hamstring healed, he was the top DB in the league. Edited March 12, 201412 yr by bugatti
March 12, 201412 yr Coming off an ACL tear and still making the Pro Bowl is solid. You have to think next season he will be closer to 100%. Don't confuse him. He also thinks Matt Schaub wouldn't be an upgrade to their QB position.
March 12, 201412 yr Would Schaub be brought on to maybe start with still having the intentions of drafting a QB?
March 12, 201412 yr Don't confuse him. He also thinks Matt Schaub wouldn't be an upgrade to their QB position. He isn't any better than Hoyer. He's done. The guy couldn't hold the Houston job over Case Keenum for goodness sake.
March 12, 201412 yr He isn't any better than Hoyer. He's done. The guy couldn't hold the Houston job over Case Keenum for goodness sake. Oh, relax. Giving you grief. I do think he's a better "manager" than anyone the Browns trot out there. Is he enough to put them over the top in this division? Not in my opinion.
March 12, 201412 yr Ehh' date=' Revis is injury prone at this point, and even when healthy, I think he's lost a step.[/quote'] Revis was still pretty good last year no?
March 12, 201412 yr Revis was still pretty good last year no? Yeah, but he's not top 5 anymore IMO, and he certainly isn't worth close to what his contract is...
March 12, 201412 yr Author I think Schaub would give the Browns a pretty decent shot at competing. My thinking too. Also, I read they are looking at Ben Tate too. Ben Tate visiting with the Browns | ProFootballTalk
March 12, 201412 yr The browns signed guys but they were not adding to current talent. They basically replaced talent. Whitner is good but the safety they lost in ward was better. Their middle linebacker has been a tackling machine. Dansby I like a lot but isnt he 34? So I dont see it really as an upgrade from what they previously had and lost. However great job with quickly filling in those positions. They will continue to be a tough team to beat but qb could keep them from being a playoff team. Dansby is 32 and for all ways to quantify linebackers he was MUCH better than Dqwell Jackson was last season. Also, Whitner is a lot less injury prone Ward has basically played one full season fully healthy and is not too good in the passing game, he had a career year last year. I agree about the QB keeping them from being a playoff team, that has to be addressed.
March 12, 201412 yr Author Dansby is 32 and for all ways to quantify linebackers he was MUCH better than Dqwell Jackson was last season. Also, Whitner is a lot less injury prone Ward has basically played one full season fully healthy and is not too good in the passing game, he had a career year last year. I agree about the QB keeping them from being a playoff team, that has to be addressed. What are you thoughts on Schaub being a fit for the Browns?
March 12, 201412 yr It's a QB league, and until the Browns upgrade at QB they'll still be mediocre. Although the Bengals have proved you can be a playoff team with an average QB...
March 12, 201412 yr Don't confuse him. He also thinks Matt Schaub wouldn't be an upgrade to their QB position. Matt Schaub had that Jake Delhomme/Brandon Weeden deer in the headlights look to him last year... was easily one of the top 3 worst QBs in the league. I'm with UKMustangFan, his days as a starter are done.
March 12, 201412 yr What are you thoughts on Schaub being a fit for the Browns? Just saw your post, actually addressed it in a post I just had. I honestly think he'd be a great guy to have to help a young QB learn the offense. I do not want him starting under any circumstance. Once you lose it, you generally lose it, and that's how he looked to me last year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.