Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSBCA Pre-Season Poll

Featured Replies

I have not seen a NKY preseason poll. The state poll is even more useless than the NKY poll. Dingerbird is absolutely correct. There is no way that one rep from each region would know anything about 95% of the teams in the state. As far as the NKy poll, even if coaches present info, it is very difficult to rank teams based on a synopsis in a coaches meeting and what people have heard.

 

As to the first point, it should be in the Enquirer soon.

 

I don't have any knowledge about how the state poll is done other than the regional rep voting.

 

If you look at how teams did last year, what they lost, what they return, and what they add, you can come up with a good idea of rankings.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As to the first point, it should be in the Enquirer soon.

 

I don't have any knowledge about how the state poll is done other than the regional rep voting.

 

If you look at how teams did last year, what they lost, what they return, and what they add, you can come up with a good idea of rankings.

 

Just curious.. What did the preseason poll look like last year? What do you think it will look like this year?

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Kentucky High School Baseball Coaches Association poll (3/26)

 

1. Woodford County (13)

 

2. Lexington Catholic

 

3. Pleasure Ridge Park (1)

 

 

4. Tates Creek

 

5. St. Xavier

 

6. Henderson County

 

7. Central Hardin

 

8. Lexington Christian

 

9. Harrison County

 

10. Male

 

11. West Jessamine

 

12. Lafayette

 

13. Russell County

 

14. Paul L. Dunbar

 

15. Ballard

 

16. East Jessamine

 

17. South Warren

 

18. Lone Oak

 

19. Lawrence County

 

20. Newport Central Catholic

 

21. Bullitt East

 

22. Union County

 

23. Madison Central

 

24. Mercer County

 

25. Bowling Green

Just curious.. What did the preseason poll look like last year? What do you think it will look like this year?

 

Last year:

 

1. NC

2. Conner

3. Ryle

4. Highlands

5. Cooper

6. CCH

7. Campbell County

8. Scott

9. Dixie

10. Holy Cross

 

As for this year, I know exactly what it looks like but I will wait until it is made public.

  • Author

Each Regional Rep. has the opportunity to send information on the top teams in their region to the other coaches. Some choose not to submit any. With that information and knowing how teams finished up last year and who they have coming back is how the Pre-season Poll is put together.

Last year:

 

1. NC

2. Conner

3. Ryle

4. Highlands

5. Cooper

6. CCH

7. Campbell County

8. Scott

9. Dixie

10. Holy Cross

 

As for this year, I know exactly what it looks like but I will wait until it is made public.

 

I am not trying to be argumentative and I would say that you are pretty knowledgeable about the area but this poll kind of proves my point. From seeing most of the teams play last year I would say that Ryle proved to be the number 1 team. Dixie was much better than the 9 spot. Beechwood would have to be ranked in the top 10. Boone was better than some of the teams listed here. It is just difficult to take any merit from a poll like this. Fun to debate but not accurate.

I am not trying to be argumentative and I would say that you are pretty knowledgeable about the area but this poll kind of proves my point. From seeing most of the teams play last year I would say that Ryle proved to be the number 1 team. Dixie was much better than the 9 spot. Beechwood would have to be ranked in the top 10. Boone was better than some of the teams listed here. It is just difficult to take any merit from a poll like this. Fun to debate but not accurate.

 

It's a preseason poll. Just because the preseason poll and the final rankings don't match doesn't mean the preseason poll has no merit. Last year going into the season, those rankings looked good. Conner lost a few players. NCC as well. Ryle came together as a team. Etc...

 

Look at the NCAA basketball polls, UK was #1 and finished unranked. That doesn't mean the coaches (or media) was uninformed, it just means this happen that you can't foresee. Such as injuries, players that don't accept the coach's way, bad calls, and so on.

 

I get what you are saying that the preseason poll doesn't always pan out but I contend that it's not due to coaches being ill-informed when voting.

It's a preseason poll. Just because the preseason poll and the final rankings don't match doesn't mean the preseason poll has no merit. Last year going into the season, those rankings looked good. Conner lost a few players. NCC as well. Ryle came together as a team. Etc...

 

Look at the NCAA basketball polls, UK was #1 and finished unranked. That doesn't mean the coaches (or media) was uninformed, it just means this happen that you can't foresee. Such as injuries, players that don't accept the coach's way, bad calls, and so on.

 

I get what you are saying that the preseason poll doesn't always pan out but I contend that it's not due to coaches being ill-informed when voting.

 

I'm with you for the most part. I am not really saying that the coaches are ill-informed. They are high school coaches with many of other responsibilities and cannot put too much focus on all of the intangibles that you mention when forming an opinion about an opposing team. Even putting a poll on college or pro is iffy at best and most of the coaches and media coach and cover those sports full time. Polls in general are pretty much useless but many hang on these polls that fail to give credit to where it is due on a consistent basis.

I am not trying to be argumentative and I would say that you are pretty knowledgeable about the area but this poll kind of proves my point. From seeing most of the teams play last year I would say that Ryle proved to be the number 1 team. Dixie was much better than the 9 spot. Beechwood would have to be ranked in the top 10. Boone was better than some of the teams listed here. It is just difficult to take any merit from a poll like this. Fun to debate but not accurate.

For the record I'm always trying to be argumentative! Lol, it makes me think and hopefully I make you guys think and reevaluate sometimes.

:jump:

Last year:

 

1. NC

2. Conner

3. Ryle

4. Highlands

5. Cooper

6. CCH

7. Campbell County

8. Scott

9. Dixie

10. Holy Cross

 

As for this year, I know exactly what it looks like but I will wait until it is made public.

 

NC wasn't #1 last year preseason, it was Conner.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Kentucky High School Baseball Coaches Association poll (3/26)

 

1. Woodford County (13)

 

2. Lexington Catholic

 

3. Pleasure Ridge Park (1)

 

 

4. Tates Creek

 

5. St. Xavier

 

6. Henderson County

 

7. Central Hardin

 

8. Lexington Christian

 

9. Harrison County

 

10. Male

 

11. West Jessamine

 

12. Lafayette

 

13. Russell County

 

14. Paul L. Dunbar

 

15. Ballard

 

16. East Jessamine

 

17. South Warren

 

18. Lone Oak

 

19. Lawrence County

 

20. Newport Central Catholic

 

21. Bullitt East

 

22. Union County

 

23. Madison Central

 

24. Mercer County

 

25. Bowling Green

 

So Mercer was pre season 24 last year and ended up playing in the state championship game.

So Mercer was pre season 24 last year and ended up playing in the state championship game.

 

And bring back a huge chunk of last year's team as well as adding some very talented freshmen into the mix as well. No respect for the Titans. Oh well, there isn't any doubt in my mind that they will be very competitive statewide and I expect them to repeat as 12th Region champs. That team is loaded.

And bring back a huge chunk of last year's team as well as adding some very talented freshmen into the mix as well. No respect for the Titans. Oh well, there isn't any doubt in my mind that they will be very competitive statewide and I expect them to repeat as 12th Region champs. That team is loaded.

PBR has Mercer Co at 7, a much more accurate poll. IMO

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.