Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Commonwealth vs Jeff Klare

Featured Replies

This matter was heard in District court yesterday. Jeff Klare pled guilty to the charge of Harrassment with Physical Contact on Notre Dame JV Volleyball Coach Gretchen Stephenson. This criminal charge stems from an incident that occurred at a team party in November.

 

Congrats to Ms. Stephenson for finally being a coach that stands up to a bully parent.

  • Author

ttt

Was this after the state tourney? Was it over playing time?

  • Author
Was this after the state tourney? Was it over playing time?

 

The crime was committed after the regional final on Nov. 2. And yes it was all over playing time.

 

As a result of the harassment and physical assault, Klare was banned from attending any further games, including the state tournament, by NDA's administration. He had been warned by NDA because of his conduct at the last home game on Oct 17. During this game, he yelled and gestured wildly from the stands at the coaching staff and players. NDA told him if he misbehaved again he would have consequences, hence the ban after the Nov 2 incident.

Schools should not tolerate such behavior by parents or anyone else in the stands, for that matter. Kudos to this coach for not putting up with it either.

Wow WXYZ, seems you have a serious ax to grind with Mr. Klare. Sounds like you are extremely close to the situation.

 

His daugther committed to Xavier on a full ride volleyball scholarship I believe. I heard it was her playing time (or lack there of) at NDA that was the root of the problem, do you know who was playing ahead of her? She must be really good, has she committed to play in college? Where does she play club ball?

  • Author
Wow WXYZ, seems you have a serious ax to grind with Mr. Klare. Sounds like you are extremely close to the situation.

 

His daugther committed to Xavier on a full ride volleyball scholarship I believe. I heard it was her playing time (or lack there of) at NDA that was the root of the problem, do you know who was playing ahead of her? She must be really good, has she committed to play in college? Where does she play club ball?

 

No ax to grind just ashamed of what he did. Parents like him need to be called out or it will continue. I hope to stop the next Jeff Klare before they strike-literally. I hope parents start to think before they act. I am a follower of NKy vball for many many years. I have seen many coaches run off because of parent agendas bc their daughter didn't get to play as much as they thought she should. This is the first time that I know of that a coach stood up and said "Enough!" And I think it should be recognized. Other coaches may realize they have rights, if their administrators won't protect them, the Commonwealth will.

 

And I will never post anything that is not 100% true.

 

Your facts, on the other hand, about his daughter's scholarship is incorrect. That's all I will say as she is innocent in all of this. Regardless of who played more or who played what- this man harassed and assaulted a coach because of playing time. Let that sink in-He pled guilty in court. Does anything else matter as to who played where or what? This is high school volleyball.

Wow, I looked at this thread for a week with no replies, maybe it was in wrong section (idk). My first thought that Panda nation was burying there heads in sand on the subject. Jeff Klare is a heavy hitter (no pun intended) in many circles of the community, parents and people close to the program were just not going to go there.

 

It is a major subject for a forum like this to be discussed. Peolpe will debate on if Team Z will ever make a comeback or something else that is inmaterial. Volleyball is not as big of thread as like basketball, I think you will find more coming forward on this case. The Listerman thread was slow starting because of the sensitivity from a lot of parties involved, then the gloves came off.

 

My daughter is NDA alum and ex volleyball player, I would not trade her experience for anything. Great education and experience for her, the volleyball program was an intersting ride, it is kinda of tough to explain unless you have been through it. Kudos to wxyz for at least making it a thread to discuss.

No ax to grind just ashamed of what he did. Parents like him need to be called out or it will continue. I hope to stop the next Jeff Klare before they strike-literally. I hope parents start to think before they act. I am a follower of NKy vball for many many years. I have seen many coaches run off because of parent agendas bc their daughter didn't get to play as much as they thought she should. This is the first time that I know of that a coach stood up and said "Enough!" And I think it should be recognized. Other coaches may realize they have rights, if their administrators won't protect them, the Commonwealth will.

 

And I will never post anything that is not 100% true.

 

Your facts, on the other hand, about his daughter's scholarship is incorrect. That's all I will say as she is innocent in all of this. Regardless of who played more or who played what- this man harassed and assaulted a coach because of playing time. Let that sink in-He pled guilty in court. Does anything else matter as to who played where or what? This is high school volleyball.

NDA has always had one of the best volleyball teams in the area and have produced several DI players. I hate to hear parents going to that extreme and am glad the coach stood up to him.

 

I hope the spelling of the last name is correct because I know a Jeff Clare and would hate to think it was him.

  • Author
NDA has always had one of the best volleyball teams in the area and have produced several DI players. I hate to hear parents going to that extreme and am glad the coach stood up to him.

 

I hope the spelling of the last name is correct because I know a Jeff Clare and would hate to think it was him.

 

It is Klare with a K.

Wow, I looked at this thread for a week with no replies, maybe it was in wrong section (idk). My first thought that Panda nation was burying there heads in sand on the subject. Jeff Klare is a heavy hitter (no pun intended) in many circles of the community, parents and people close to the program were just not going to go there.

 

Not sure who he is. Care to enlighten me?

  • Author
Not sure who he is. Care to enlighten me?

 

Works for Club Chef, a division of Castellini...Executive VP and General Manager

Serves on the board of the Diocesan Chidren's Home.

 

Tark the Shark may know more. Again, I know many things I have heard about this guy as far as his reach in the community but nothing 100% so I won't go there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.