Boone 60 Highlands 57

I would STILL like to see the Wise guy (pun intended) get some varsity minutes in these big games. His size is needed at times and Willie just may wish he was seasoned down the stretch heading to tourney time!

Did Wise play tonight?? Seems to me that DMZ76 had something here when he posted on another thread that Willie needs to get him some playing time. Possibly could help with Tanner out tonight to get another big body in there for rebounding. Regional tourny should be very interesting this year!!

Boone County takes out 2 of the top 4 teams in the region in a matter of what... 10 days? Maybe things are starting to click in Florence.... Danger time.

Dixie's win at Boone this week adds another twist to this plot... danger seems to be lurking around several corners.

Did Wise play tonight?? Seems to me that DMZ76 had something here when he posted on another thread that Willie needs to get him some playing time. Possibly could help with Tanner out tonight to get another big body in there for rebounding. Regional tourny should be very interesting this year!!

Wise came in and made a difference on the boards in the first half, but didn't see much time in the second half.

I'm going to guess HHS faithful are going to say they blew this and BC didn't win.

I said it this whole week Highlands is good, but after watching the play twice now, I don't think they are in a group ahead of anyone. They basically have one standout win all year, that is CCH early in the season.

I'm going to guess HHS faithful are going to say they blew this and BC didn't win.

I said it this whole week Highlands is good, but after watching the play twice now, I don't think they are in a group ahead of anyone. They basically have one standout win all year, that is CCH early in the season.

Hey now, don't forget about a win in Lexington over state ranked Bryan Station. And I think we have 18 other wins over N. KY and other in state schools. And all but two losses are to top 25 teams in ky. So give me a break.

Your right Bigstud.... beating Bryan Station down in Lexington wasnt a big one. Beating a very good Brossart team at home wasnt good. Boone Co, Holy Cross and Holmes are the only 9th region teams they have lost to and check me if I am wrong but Holmes was loaded at the time, Holy Cross is on a tear as of late and Boone has more confidence then Ron Jeremy at this time.

As stated earlier, the final score was 60-58 as Chad Hudepohl hit a half court shot at the buzzer. IMO Highlands played with little emotion last night which definitely was a factor in the game. Vories seems to wear down quite a bit as the game goes on because he has to work so hard to get the ball. The last two free throws that he shot were almost airballs because he had no legs left. The birds missed numerous easy baskets in the latter stages of the game and too many free throws once again. I have to believe that this was one of the better games that Boone has played all year. Highlands has been in every game that they have played this year and Willie will have them more than ready to answer the bell come tournament time.

As stated earlier, the final score was 60-58 as Chad Hudepohl hit a half court shot at the buzzer. IMO Highlands played with little emotion last night which definitely was a factor in the game. Vories seems to wear down quite a bit as the game goes on because he has to work so hard to get the ball. The last two free throws that he shot were almost airballs because he had no legs left. The birds missed numerous easy baskets in the latter stages of the game and too many free throws once again. I have to believe that this was one of the better games that Boone has played all year. Highlands has been in every game that they have played this year and Willie will have them more than ready to answer the bell come tournament time.

This brings up the question of when to give Vories a rest during the game as I heard he nailed 9 straight FT's and then missed his last two. The problem is that they don't have anyone wiht his caliber of play to bring in so they end up playing him too much. Add the fact that every team HHS has played as either dogged him by switching 2-3 players on him or they go to a Box and 1 and nuetralize their inside game while putting a chaser on him.

This may be their achilles heal during tourney time. Any smart coach will say... lets dog their best player and let a "no name" beat us if they have to. You would think at HS ball level you wouldnt have this scenario played out so much but it seems to be a problem as of late for the Birds as Holmes, Brossart, Holy Cross and Boone all dogged vories until he went limp at the end.

This brings up the question of when to give Vories a rest during the game as I heard he nailed 9 straight FT's and then missed his last two. The problem is that they don't have anyone wiht his caliber of play to bring in so they end up playing him too much. Add the fact that every team HHS has played as either dogged him by switching 2-3 players on him or they go to a Box and 1 and nuetralize their inside game while putting a chaser on him.

This may be their achilles heal during tourney time. Any smart coach will say... lets dog their best player and let a "no name" beat us if they have to. You would think at HS ball level you wouldnt have this scenario played out so much but it seems to be a problem as of late for the Birds as Holmes, Brossart, Holy Cross and Boone all dogged vories until he went limp at the end.

Hopefully someone will step it up in the next couple of weeks or it will be short post season!