Owsley 58 Breathitt 56

Owsley pulls out a close one. Breathitt was 6 of 18 from the free throw line. Smith for Owsley had 21; Neeley shot very little it seemed. Good games from Wright and Reed inside. Smith had a cut over his eye, but seemed to be okay.

Breathitt had the ball with forty seconds to go, but turned it over.

Some of the fans at the game were discussing how Jerry McIntosh seemed to be leading the team.

Good win for Owsley heading into the district tournament. It's hard to figure this year. The Owls lose their last game to LCC by 47....the same Letcher County team that defeated Breathitt by 1 or 2 points. Then Owsley loses in OT last week to Knott, who defeated Letcher by 10 about 2 weeks back. Go figure.

Good win for Owsley heading into the district tournament. It's hard to figure this year. The Owls lose their last game to LCC by 47....the same Letcher County team that defeated Breathitt by 1 or 2 points. Then Owsley loses in OT last week to Knott, who defeated Letcher by 10 about 2 weeks back. Go figure.

Beat you to it. :D:D:D

Owsley pulls out a close one. Breathitt was 6 of 18 from the free throw line. Smith for Owsley had 21; Neeley shot very little it seemed. Good games from Wright and Reed inside. Smith had a cut over his eye, but seemed to be okay.

Breathitt had the ball with forty seconds to go, but turned it over.

Some of the fans at the game were discussing how Jerry McIntosh seemed to be leading the team.

Good post.....wrong team, although we thought we should have beaten Hazard. :D

Good post.....wrong team, although we thought we should have beaten Hazard. :D

*L* You have to forgive me. I'm blonde and as such am more prone than others to make mistakes as I'm sure you've noticed. hehehe. I can't talk and post at the same time as I have proven. Congrats to the Owls on the win though. It was definately well deserved.

*L* You have to forgive me. I'm blonde and as such am more prone than others to make mistakes as I'm sure you've noticed. hehehe. I can't talk and post at the same time as I have proven. Congrats to the Owls on the win though. It was definately well deserved.

A big thank you from Owls country. We NEEDED it :thumb:

It just goes to show that the Owls should never be counted down and out! Year to year they put together a quality program and this year, they seemed to have struggled, BUT are capable of pulling off a win on any given night. Wright and Reed and definately forces on the inside. I wouldn't write this season off (as much as Lee Co would like you to :laugh: - just j/k)

Hope Smith's eye is okay. Let us know Professor if you hear anything. I always hate it when someone gets injured in the game and hope he is okay.

Owsley played a good basketball game. Breathitt had a chance to tie or win with 5.4 ticks left. What I didn't understand was why Breathitt tried to throw the ball in at the other end of the floor and try to go full court with the ball. They had the ball at almost half court and could have in bounded the ball about half court or so.

Owsley played a good basketball game. Breathitt had a chance to tie or win with 5.4 ticks left. What I didn't understand was why Breathitt tried to throw the ball in at the other end of the floor and try to go full court with the ball. They had the ball at almost half court and could have in bounded the ball about half court or so.

Are you saying that Breathitt picked where they would inbound from? I thought that normally the refs designated the throw-in point.

Reed was not a big factor offensively (8 pts) but I think that he did what he was asked to do- get Smith into early foul trouble. Neither team shot well from the line, and I think that Breathitt missed 10 or so.

Owsley has changed directions. New coaching has helped I thought Reed played well and you can tell this young man is working on his game. Breathitt's guard Moore # 11 hit 6 threes against Lee couldn't hit anything tonite. That team is different without the three ball falling. I can't believe this team lost to LCC that bad. Owsley looked good tonite much more like a team and less one on one. Good win Owls

Are you saying that Breathitt picked where they would inbound from? I thought that normally the refs designated the throw-in point.

Reed was not a big factor offensively (8 pts) but I think that he did what he was asked to do- get Smith into early foul trouble. Neither team shot well from the line, and I think that Breathitt missed 10 or so.

LOL! No, I'm not talking about the throw in point, I'm talking about when they threw it in, they threw it way in the backcourt and it took too long to dribble up the floor and they could not set up a shot.

My favorite team and next favorite play Tuesday in District. No secret I pull for Lee, but I really want Owsley to work through its problems and succeed. Good win for the Owls, as Breathitt has improved. Owsley is a much better team with Neeley.