Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 80 Boone County 66

Featured Replies

Childress with 5 3 pointers finished with 20 points and Morrison had 23.

That Morrison kid is a stud. Very smooth... makes scoring look easy.

Boone has been going down hill lately.

Boone has been going down hill lately.

 

I heard from a Boone parent today that the coaching staff is being too "negative" towards the kids... and making some want to quit.

I heard from a Boone parent today that the coaching staff is being too "negative" towards the kids... and making some want to quit.

 

Poor babies ... we sure wouldn't those little guys to quit, would we?

 

That would be something on the job resume wouldn't it?

 

Manager: So, young man, I see you played high school basketball.

 

Former BBall player: Yeah, but I quit half way through the season because the coach was too negative.

 

Manager: Hmmmm ....

 

Former BBall player: Oh, my mom and dad thought they were being negative too and had no problem with me quitting.

 

Manager: OK, son, let me get back to you about this job.

Poor babies ... we sure wouldn't those little guys to quit, would we?

 

I know some of these kids... they are not babies. From what I know, my opinion is the coaches at Boone are borderline (verbally) abusive.

I heard from a Boone parent today that the coaching staff is being too "negative" towards the kids... and making some want to quit.

 

Every year you hear kids want to quit ,or going to another school because of "this" or coach has to go! Get over it ! That "parent " is not at every practice or know what these or those kids are doing in practice. Don't assume that is why bad playing is going on. There is always this going on and it never is true. You are talking about a coach and coaches who have won at this level and will continue to do so.Whatever is going on will pass and will only make this team stronger in the end.

Simon Kenton–Pracht 2 3 7, Rake 0 1 1, Vercheak 2 4 8, Morrison 4 14 24, Mullins 4 0 8, Childers 5 5 20, Robinson 5 2 12. Totals: 22 29 80.

 

Boone County (13-7)–Mayberry 5 2 12, Hixenbaugh 4 2 10, Ordu 2 1 5, Downs 1 0 2, Stanley 11 1 24, Stockwell 2 1 5, McDonald 2 0 4, Abdulle 0 1 1, Donovan 1 0 2. Totals: 28 9 66.

 

Halftime: S 30-28. 3-pointers: S (Childers 5, Morrison 2); B (Stanley).

I know some of these kids... they are not babies. From what I know, my opinion is the coaches at Boone are borderline (verbally) abusive.

 

Don't know them. Don't know the situation. Don't like the soft kids and parents I see everywhere today. Not saying that these kids are like that. Just saying that this is all too common today.

Every year you hear kids want to quit ,or going to another school because of "this" or coach has to go! Get over it ! That "parent " is not at every practice or know what these or those kids are doing in practice. Don't assume that is why bad playing is going on. There is always this going on and it never is true. You are talking about a coach and coaches who have won at this level and will continue to do so.Whatever is going on will pass and will only make this team stronger in the end.

 

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I can introduce you to these parents face-to-face and discuss this. You are throwing out a very ignorant opinion.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I can introduce you to these parents face-to-face and discuss this. You are throwing out a very ignorant opinion.

And your opinion is worth .... I know some of the parents .

Were there a ton of free throws in the second half? I noticed they combine for close to ninety and Morrison had 14 from the stripe.

Nice win. I'm glad they FINALLY beat a top 10 NKY team. (Based on the week 8 NKY Coaches Poll). I thought they deserved to be in the top 10 to start the season but It's been tough watching them lose big to Holmes and Dixie and then close losses to Ryle and Cooper.

It's funny how now that they're losing we see comments about coaching, but when they were winning it was all about how good the players are/were... Coaches can't win. When a team is winning... it's the players, the chemistry, the hard work, the hustle, etc, but, when they lose it the coaches fault.

 

And, I'm not just talking about just Boone here. This just so happens to be the thread in which we are talking about this. I have known many players over the last few years to graduate from Boone, all nice players, not the bench guys, and they have no ill will, or negative things to say about this staff.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.