Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rules Question

Featured Replies

I am at a game tonight and at the start of the 4th quarter a player on the home team has blood on his jersey. The referee tells him he has to come out of the game because of the blood on his jersey. The player then takes his jersey off while standing on the floor (by his bench). Is this a technical foul? In the player's defense he had on an undershirt. Does that matter?

Is supposed to be a T

Is supposed to be a T

 

Unless there is something in the casebook I haven't found that allows for bloody jerseys then you are correct.

 

The player has to leave the "visual confines" of the floor.

Can't believe any ref would give a tech for this...

  • Author

I am sure the refs don't want to give a tech for this, but if you know its a rule and you see it happen: Don't you have to?

very doubtful it would ever be called IMO

very doubtful it would ever be called IMO

 

I would turn my head so I didnt see it.

Way2Serious I think you are taking this rule Way 2 Serious!!! :lol2:

I am sure the refs don't want to give a tech for this, but if you know its a rule and you see it happen: Don't you have to?

 

Common sense anyone? Tell the player to put it back on and he must leave the court.

I think it would be best when the official notifies to coach to also mention that he needs to leave the visual confines of the court to change. Preventive officiating.

  • Author
Way2Serious I think you are taking this rule Way 2 Serious!!! :lol2:

 

I agree. I don't necessarily like the rule, but if you see it don't you have to call it?

I was at the game last night and i am the one who yelled about it. I don't like the rule, but if the referees see it, they have to call it. It is kind of like dunking in warm-ups. If a ref sees the kid do it, they have to call it. It is a rule! If a number is wrong in the scorebook does a ref want to call a technical? No, but they have to because it is a rule. If you are not going to enforce it, why have it in the rule book?

 

All that said, it is a stupid rule! By the way, we did lose by 1, maybe we would have won by 1 instead. You never know????

I was at the game last night and i am the one who yelled about it. I don't like the rule, but if the referees see it, they have to call it. It is kind of like dunking in warm-ups. If a ref sees the kid do it, they have to call it. It is a rule! If a number is wrong in the scorebook does a ref want to call a technical? No, but they have to because it is a rule. If you are not going to enforce it, why have it in the rule book?

 

All that said, it is a stupid rule! By the way, we did lose by 1, maybe we would have won by 1 instead. You never know????

 

You are correct and perfect examples.

Common sense anyone? Tell the player to put it back on and he must leave the court.

 

This should be a T. It is on the coach he should tell the player to go in the hallway. You cannot start allowing Ref. to pick and choice what rules to enforce. Now should they put in the rule book that a player can remove his jersey if blood is on it and he has a shirt underneath? Absolutely.

Saw a T given for this a couple of years ago in a close game. The coach had the player do it in a huddle and all the players tried to keep it from the vision of the crowd and refs.

 

All Coaches know that the players has to leave the court to change either a jersey or shorts.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.