Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shotput and Discus throwers

Featured Replies

Can anyone think of anyone that will be outstanding this year in the Shotput and Discus events? I cant think of anyone right off hand unless that guy from Bowling Green didnt graduate, but I think he did. How about in any other parts of the state?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooper from Brossart I think won A school state shot last year... I think he is a junior this year. Last season I know he was throwing around 51'... Don't know how that compares with everyone else around the state, but it's the best I've seen in watching about 2/3 years of H.S. shot...

For the girls, Bellevue has the #2 and #3 discus throwers in the state meet returning as juniors. They also have a sophomore that was a state qualifier returning for the shot put.

Frosh regional discus winner in NKY last year. Big kid from Belleview, he threw twice as far as anyone else. Anyone know his name?

I know that Brian Soverns from Grayson Co. returns this year as the AAA favorite in shot put. I have also seen that Michelle Simon from Bishop Brossart who won the discus the last two years in A has become quite a shot putter. She has hit over 36' this early and looks to hit possibly over 40'. Things are shaping up to be qute a year. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

GET IT OUT THERE!!!

Frosh regional discus winner in NKY last year. Big kid from Belleview, he threw twice as far as anyone else. Anyone know his name?

 

Adam Bowling. He qualified for state as well.

  • Author

I actually do know of one kid that will be excellent by the time he graduates. His name is Pat Stuart of Glasgow. Last year as an 8th grader he threw at 42 feet last year and is looking to hit around the 45-50 area this year. He's the nephew of Jesse Stuart for held the worlds longest shotput record for a number of years and is in the WKU Hall of Fame. I look for this kid to break records himself by the time he graduates.

Pat has the bloodline to be great. I am hoping he follows in those steps. To see him succeed would be great. He has alot of potential and could be better than his Uncle Jesse. This kid is somebody to watch ove the next few years. I wouls also like to add that people need to watching Adam Cummings, Tristan Jones, and Chaz Grider. Adam is a senior and trying to go out with a bang. Tristan and Chaz are both juniors and have alot of potential to do well this year, not to mention their senior years. Should shape up to be pretty good here in the state of Kentucky.

GET IT OUT THERE!!!

You beat me to it UKThrower, Grider was pretty good as a sophomore hitting the 150s on his best days in discus and i believe this past year was the first year he tried his hand in shotput so I expect him to do pretty well his junior year

Frosh regional discus winner in NKY last year. Big kid from Belleview, he threw twice as far as anyone else. Anyone know his name?

 

How was this kid throwing Freshman???

How was this kid throwing Freshman???

 

Because he was a freshman last year.

Remember the name Tristian Jones of GRC. Look for him to do well this year.

Because he was a freshman last year.

 

Just because you are a freshman doesn't mean you are forced to be on the freshman team you know. If he was throwing as far ahead of the other kids as you say... then he could have made noise on varsity.

Just because you are a freshman doesn't mean you are forced to be on the freshman team you know. If he was throwing as far ahead of the other kids as you say... then he could have made noise on varsity.

 

He did make noise on Varsity as well. He qualified for state.

Just because you are a freshman doesn't mean you are forced to be on the freshman team you know. If he was throwing as far ahead of the other kids as you say... then he could have made noise on varsity.

I saw this kid throw, he was amazing. Anyone have his varsity distances? They had to up there. I'm thinking his Frosh throws were in the 170s. I don't know if he was forced to throw at regular frosh meets, I saw him in the frosh regional, in which mostschools run there most talented frosh regardless if they have been competing at that level during the season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.