Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals Playoff Chances

Featured Replies

They should win at home versus SD. Then it will hopefully relieve some pressure when the go to NE knowing they can win in the Playoff's. Brady doesn't lose twice in the same season to too many teams though so while I think it would be a great game, I'm not holding my breath on a win there. When Baltimore won in NE, they ran it down their throats and that's what the Bengals should try to do to hold Brady on the sideline.

I think that the Bengals get two wins in the playoffs this year and lose in the AFC Championship, if they are playing @ Denver.

This team is no different than the Reds, "mental" is the biggest issues. I think the game not being a sellout will "mentally" lead to a Bengals loss.

Seriously though, not a sell out yet? Why?

Seriously though, not a sell out yet? Why?

 

Same reason Green Bay and Indy aren't. NFL sets the prices for the playoff tickets and teams are not allowed to come down at all. $100+ for nose-bleeds isn't attractive or affordable for most fans.

 

Another huge issue, during the regular season, teams are allowed to purchase the tickets themselves or have sponsors do so at .34 cents on the dollar. That's not the case for the postseason. NFL is making it really hard on teams to sell out playoff games. Heck, they even make season ticket holders front the cost for the entire postseason if they want playoff tickets. $300-$400 minimum isn't all that appealing or realistic, this close to the holidays for a lot of people, even the die-hards.

Seriously though, not a sell out yet? Why?

 

Unless something has changed in the last day, I thought that three of the four games this weekend weren't sold out.

 

Question my fandom, but I would much rather watch the game with some buddies at a bar or one of our houses. Stay nice and warm and not spend $100 on a ticket, plus food & beer. I like the commentary when watching a game on TV vs. live anyway.

Same reason Green Bay and Indy aren't. NFL sets the prices for the playoff tickets and teams are not allowed to come down at all. $100+ for nose-bleeds isn't attractive or affordable for most fans.

 

Another huge issue, during the regular season, teams are allowed to purchase the tickets themselves or have sponsors do so at .34 cents on the dollar. That's not the case for the postseason. NFL is making it really hard on teams to sell out playoff games. Heck, they even make season ticket holders front the cost for the entire postseason if they want playoff tickets. $300-$400 minimum isn't all that appealing or realistic, this close to the holidays for a lot of people, even the die-hards.

 

Thanks. I didn't know that was how the tickets worked for the post-season. Doesn't seem like a very smart business plan by the NFL.

Unless something has changed in the last day, I thought that three of the four games this weekend weren't sold out.

 

Question my fandom, but I would much rather watch the game with some buddies at a bar or one of our houses. Stay nice and warm and not spend $100 on a ticket, plus food & beer. I like the commentary when watching a game on TV vs. live anyway.

 

I had no idea tickets that bad were that expensive. I don't blame you a bit.

Talked to someone today "in the biz" who said there is NO WAY Channel 12 doesn't buy up the tickets. It would cost them too much money to NOT have the game on TV.

Seriously though, not a sell out yet? Why?

It's so expensive.

 

Like I posted earlier, as a season ticket holder you get an invoice for all the possible playoff games that could be held in Cincinnati back in November. You have to purchase the tickets then or take a chance of not getting any tickets. Back then they will have you purchase tickets to all the playoff games that could take place here so they were probably counting on 2 home games. Parking is not included etc. $100 a ticket and if you have 2 season tickets that comes out to $400 min and that is just for the tickets, not including parking, concessions etc. You have to send that $400 in at the time you purchase the tickets and it is right before Christmas. Thats a lot of money to ask right before the holiday especially when it's not garunteed they will even get to host a playoff game here. You are out $400 no matter what, and if they don't play the games here then and only then can you get it reimbursed or they just take it off your season ticket price for next year.

 

 

The NFL does it wrong.

Talked to someone today "in the biz" who said there is NO WAY Channel 12 doesn't buy up the tickets. It would cost them too much money to NOT have the game on TV.

 

Yep. They'd be out of a TON of money from advertisers/commercials if the game doesn't air.

I made a bet with my brothers back in April, 1999 that the new Browns would win a playoff game before the Bengals would. It's been 14 years since I made the bet and for 14 years it's been true. I actually thought last year would be their year, facing the Texans for a second straight year in the playoffs, but fortunately I was wrong. If they do it this year, bravo, good for them. I have said all along that the Bengals have been cursed since the year of their last playoff win - 1990 season (1991 playoffs).

 

My bet is still active...Woo hoo!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.