Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Officer Fights To Get Job Back

Featured Replies

I'm just asking would this be looked at differently if it was a man sitting there kicking at police officers.

 

Unfortunately Police Officers can't always be so chivalrous, women are struck by police officer everyday. In my limited experience with criminals (400 -500 arrest) I have seen far more women fight and try to escape than I have men.

 

I'm against officers striking any suspect in the head who is obviously in a position where they can do little harm. But if you are asking me if there is a difference between hitting a man and woman, then YES. I was raised to raise my hand to a woman my life better be in danger. This officer had no reason to kick a woman in the head. No reason at all. With all the studies out on head trama to kick a women in the head who had no ability to avoid the blow is done by a man who is a coward.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not about man vs. woman for me. My opinion wouldn't change if it were a man in cuffs.
A person in handcuffs can still present a danger to police or others...if they are combative how do you control them?
I'm against officers striking any suspect in the head who is obviously in a position where they can do little harm. But if you are asking me if there is a difference between hitting a man and woman, then YES. I was raised to raise my hand to a woman my life better be in danger. This officer had no reason to kick a woman in the head. No reason at all. With all the studies out on head trama to kick a women in the head who had no ability to avoid the blow is done by a man who is a coward.

 

I agree, I'm asking would have been better if he had tasered her?

A person in handcuffs can still present a danger to police or others...if they are combative how do you control them?

 

Did you watch the video are you being serious right now?

I agree, I'm asking would have been better if he had tasered her?

 

There was no need to do anything of much force at that point.

A person in handcuffs can still present a danger to police or others...if they are combative how do you control them?

 

I already said it would be appropriate to tase her...

Did you watch the video are you being serious right now?

 

Yes I watched the video, I was talking about a person in general not this particular woman. Saw a guy that was handcuffed break a officers nose while he was leading him to the cruiser with a reverse head butt...so I know for a fact that a handcuffed person can still be a danger.

I already said it would be appropriate to tase her...

 

I missed that you said that...my bad.

Yes I watched the video, I was talking about a person in general not this particular woman. Saw a guy that was handcuffed break a officers nose while he was leading him to the cruiser with a reverse head butt...so I know for a fact that a handcuffed person can still be a danger.

 

I really don't like answering hypothetical questions. I can say there aren't many women or men in that position that the woman was in I'd be fine with giving a kick to the head.

Even if they had just kicked you first? Nah you wouldn't be in jail if they struck you first.

 

Actually in KY you would both be in jail.

Going only by what was in the video, in no way shape or form was the cop justified in kicking the woman as he did. He could have either moved back away from her or put her in the car, charged her with assault. No way I see a legit defense of what he did based solely on what the video shows.

Really hard to comment on such a short clip. What we don't know is what happened before this incident and why the woman is in cuffs.

 

I applaud those of you who say it's not ok to hit a woman because most of the time, it's not ok. There are some exceptions though. (Based solely on what I saw in this clip - this is not one of those exceptions)

 

As far as firing the guy, we all know the police union will get him his job back eventually.

As far as firing the guy, we all know the police union will get him his job back eventually.

 

Which is a joke.

Really hard to comment on such a short clip. What we don't know is what happened before this incident and why the woman is in cuffs.

 

I applaud those of you who say it's not ok to hit a woman because most of the time, it's not ok. There are some exceptions though. (Based solely on what I saw in this clip - this is not one of those exceptions)

 

As far as firing the guy, we all know the police union will get him his job back eventually.

I agree it's not OK to hit a woman, but I've been hit by a lot more women that men over the years in dealing with thieves.

 

I'm guessing he was pissed because she kicked him and retaliated without thinking, seems like it said he had a prior conviction for a similar act. Could be this dude is just a loose cannon.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.