Cov Cath vs. Scott County 2/14

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Announcement made after lunch today at CCH: Scott County is bringing 7 bus loads of students to the game tonight.

WOW!!! Is this true? If so CCH won't even have homecourt advantage. I think it will be sold out, even if they don't bring 7 bus loads in. This might be one of the best games to be at all year in the entire state.

Announcement made after lunch today at CCH: Scott County is bringing 7 bus loads of students to the game tonight.

It was a joke to get students to come on Valentine's Day. Shouldn't believe what you hear on the CovCath annoucements.

DNOLL should be in the starting line up tonight. The only reason that he wasn't vs. Scott was because he missed practice the day before due to a school related activity.

I don't think CCH will hold off the press. Maybe less than usual, but they still will attack SC and try to pressure them as much as possible. Does anyone think we'll see Danny Noll in the starting lineup tonight? Usually doesn't matter, but if I'm the Colonels I don't want to have to come from behind to win this game. Get out ahead early and make SC come to you.

Last time CCH and Scott Co. played neither team held off on the press. Scott Co. won by 2 on their home floor, thanks to a few desperation 3's late in the game.

Hopefully this one can be the same type of game, but with a different outcome.

It was a joke to get students to come on Valentine's Day. Shouldn't believe what you hear on the CovCath annoucements.

DNOLL should be in the starting line up tonight. The only reason that he wasn't vs. Scott was because he missed practice the day before due to a school related activity.

Didn't say I believed it , just reporting what I heard!!

I assume that you missed the Brossart game last year.

Actually I remember that game, I think it was 15 or 16 points. Off the top of my head, I don't recall it being wrapped up early, but that could admittedly be my alumnus-bias seeping through.

Just to be clear, I was speaking more figuratively, trying to make a point, than being literal. I am sure, as you have pointed out, there have been occasions when the Colonels have been white-washed at home. How about we agree it doesn't happen too frequently. :D

Actually I remember that game, I think it was 15 or 16 points. Off the top of my head, I don't recall it being wrapped up early, but that could admittedly be my alumnus-bias seeping through.

Just to be clear, I was speaking more figuratively, trying to make a point, than being literal. I am sure, as you have pointed out, there have been occasions when the Colonels have been white-washed at home. How about we agree it doesn't happen too frequently. :D

I do not know much about the Brossart game last year, but the closest thing to CCH getting blown out in recent memory, at home, would be NCC's 17 point lead in the 1st half (quarter?). Cov Cath actually came back to win that game, though.

I think Brossart was ahead by the final margin within the first quarter and CovCath never did cut into the lead. Granted, it doesn't happen often, but Scott County has a very nice team. Hopefully CovCath will garner some much needed respect for the 9th region, play them tough and possibly earn the W.