Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

College Basketball Predictions

Featured Replies

My FF includes: MSU, Duke, UL, Syracuse.

National Championship will be Duke over MSU as Coach K continues his dominance over Izzo.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

POY: McDermott

 

FF: Michigan St, Kentucky, Arizona, Kansas

 

Champ: Arizona

 

COY: Buzz Williams

 

FOY: Randle, Wiggins, or Aaron Gordon

 

AA Team: McDermott, Aaron Craft, Marcus Smart, Randle, Andrew Wiggins

If they finally enforce the hand checking rules like they say, Craft might only play 12 minutes a game...

Aaron Craft is still around? Geez.....he's been around for 15 years.

If they finally enforce the hand checking rules like they say, Craft might only play 12 minutes a game...

 

I loathe tOSU, but if Craft stays healthy he'll be an All-American. In my opinion.

I loathe tOSU, but if Craft stays healthy he'll be an All-American. In my opinion.

 

Have been a big fan of Craft since he was a sophomore in HS. That said, the hand checking rules as they are supposed to be called are a serious threat to how he plays the game. He'll probably be "grandfathered" in given his reputation, but he is as physical as anyone in the game guarding the ball...

  • Author

^ And if they let him get away with it, I don't blame him one bit for continuing it.

 

He has been playing forever though. :lol2:

^ And if they let him get away with it, I don't blame him one bit for continuing it.

 

He has been playing forever though. :lol2:

 

More power to him if he can get away with it. Will be very interesting to see how he is treated by the stripes this year...

  • Author
More power to him if he can get away with it. Will be very interesting to see how he is treated by the stripes this year...

 

Yep.

More power to him if he can get away with it. Will be very interesting to see how he is treated by the stripes this year...

 

You nailed it already -- likely to be grandfathered, for lack of a better word. I'm not for a second saying he is one of the 5 best players in America, but I believe wholeheartedly, if healthy, he'll be on a TON of All-American teams. Media darling, apparently a good kid, playing 33-35 minutes per game on a Top 10 team, etc.

You nailed it already -- likely to be grandfathered, for lack of a better word. I'm not for a second saying he is one of the 5 best players in America, but I believe wholeheartedly, if healthy, he'll be on a TON of All-American teams. Media darling, apparently a good kid, playing 33-35 minutes per game on a Top 10 team, etc.

 

I doubt they are willing to sacrifice a NCAA Tournament check to allow Craft to be above the rules. We shall see how it is called by mid December to know if they are serious this time...

I doubt they are willing to sacrifice a NCAA Tournament check to allow Craft to be above the rules. We shall see how it is called by mid December to know if they are serious this time...

 

To be fair, he is no dummy, he is capable of adjusting. We shall see -- will be interesting. As you well know, VCU being evidence of it, you can't call them all.

To be fair, he is no dummy, he is capable of adjusting. We shall see -- will be interesting. As you well know, VCU being evidence of it, you can't call them all.

 

Adjusting and losing the ability to maintain physical contact with the ball handler are two different things as you well know. He's always been very physical guarding the ball, so adjusting isn't just flipping a switch and the light goes off. The difference with VCU is they have 5 guys fouling all game. Much easier to single out one... :lol2:

National Champs Kentucky

 

Final Four Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, Michigan State

 

POY Andrew Wiggins

 

All American Team Randall, Wiggins, Smart, Jab Parker, Andrew Harrison

 

Freshman Team Randall, Wiggins, Jab Parker, Andrew Harrison, Andrew Harrison

 

Coach of Year John Calipari

There was a stretch in the spring before his senior year he was playing better than anyone in the class. Love me some James Young. I don't think talent is in question for UK at all, but I do see a few holes that can burn them in a one and out setting. Mainly the same thing that burned Wall and company without a true knock down shooter...

 

I've heard/read that Aaron? (the 2G) Harrison is the best pure shooter Cal's had at UK....Is that not accurate?

 

He isn't close to Lamb as a knock down shooter. He can get hot an carry a half from deep but I need to see bigger consistency than I have in the past...

 

Aaron Harrison might be a great shooter, but Doron Lamb would be hard to surpass.

 

Young is the best shooter on the team. I'm pretty solid on that one. Aaron and Andrew can shoot, but both are very hot and cold so in a one game setting over the 6 in March/April you never know.

 

If I felt more confident that Young would be a 25-30 minute guy, I'd probably feel better about this UK team. I don't think 20 minutes is enough splitting time with Poythress...

 

That's about the only concern I have for this team. I had some doubts about the team chemistry and all of that, but seems that hasn't been a problem and has instead been a strength early on. But they have a lot of streaky shooters. Guys who can get hot and and bury six one game and then two games later be brick city. That type of hot and cold shooting can get you bounced in the tournament. I do feel they have more capable 3pt shooting on this team than the Wall team. Harrison's, Young, Poythress, Hood, Randle, Willis, etc. can all hit them, but none of them are Doron Lamb. I'm hoping they can do it by committee and get just enough to make it work, if they can it's going to be hard to beat them (assuming they buy in and become 1/2 the defensive team they have the potential to be).

 

 

3pt shooting is one of the reasons I want them to lock up Blackmon and Booker so bad. In college basketball it is essential, you have to have it. I don't care how much talent you have, you still have to score buckets. That's why the Northern Iowa's and Davidsons of the world can knock off the juggernauts in the tourney (unless your Florida Gulf Coast then you just dunk on everybody). If you have lights out shooters, anything can happen. You put said shooters around NBA talent, now you have an offense. Lamb is basically the only "shooter" Cal has had (I guess Wiltjer but Lamb is the only perimeter shooter) so I would like to see that change. Looks like they may end up with somebody like that for the next few seasons.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.