Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miller to visit Louisville

Featured Replies

He's not 6-1 maybe 6 foot or a little shorter. But size don't matter, he can still score from anywhere on the court.

 

Not when he's being guarded by someone 3-5 inches taller who's just as quick.

 

Ask yourself again -- do you really see Miller playing in the Big East?

  • Replies 154
  • Views 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller is a good player. Dominic Tilford was Mr. Basketball last year and put up numbers to get it in the 7th Region. Tilford is struggling thus far and most in our area say he cannot survive in the Big East where the game is played rough and tough. I do not see Miller making this roster. Most say he will go to LMU college.

1. Patrick Sparks 6'

2. Ravi Moss ..... walk on

3. I don't see him playing in the Big East. Jim Shue doesn't see him playing in the Big East. Rick Pitino does............. But what does he know?

 

4. Give the guy his props. They ask him to come visit. What's he going to do, say no! Who else has been ask from the mountains.

Not when he's being guarded by someone 3-5 inches taller who's just as quick.

 

Ask yourself again -- do you really see Miller playing in the Big East?

I NEVER asked myself in the first place if I could see Miller playing Big East ball! Because he can't. IMO Miller just needs to go to LMU where he will have the green light for any shot during his freshmen year.

I NEVER asked myself in the first place if I could see Miller playing Big East ball! Because he can't. IMO Miller just needs to go to LMU where he will have the green light for any shot during his freshmen year.

:thumb: :thumb:

I hear LMU has struggled this year. Attendance is also supposed to be very low. They should get some more local talent and they can at least put some butts in Tex. It's an awful lot of space they dont use over there.

  • Author
I'll give him 6'. Probably 5'11 but we'll say 6'. Not a good enough ball handler to play PG in the BEast. Handles pretty well for a high school kid but not the type of PG I would think Rick is looking for. Definitely a great shooter, but a lot of people could make as many as he does if they had the green light he does. Decent defender, but doesn't even hold a candle defensively to even the likes of Gianiny. Like I said the kid can score, but dont expect much else. If anything comes of this, it will be that Ricky asks Stuart to walk on. They will not use a scholly on him.

 

Not many in the 13th region that are shooting 43% behind the line, so i believe i would give him the green light also. Can anyone tell me where these players are at that could hit as many as him if they had a green light to shoot.

Not many in the 13th region that are shooting 43% behind the line, so i believe i would give him the green light also. Can anyone tell me where these players are at that could hit as many as him if they had a green light to shoot.

 

 

I definitely agree. Everyone tries to justify his scoring with the fact that he shoots it several times a game but then they want to look past the fact that he is shooting a very stout 43%.

 

bellalumni40, are you sure that is what you really think about Miller or what you want to think??

 

First of all, he's every bit of 6' and probably a half an inch more. No 5'11" to it. Second of all, like noah2001 said, your comment about many people being about to make the number of shots as he does if they were given the green light is simply naive and down right blind. Do you honestly believe that any player given the green light from behind the arc could make 139 3's this year at 43 %?? Not a chance. There are very very few in the state that could do it.

 

Is a walk-on spot to Louisville not an incredibly opportunity to for a player coming from a team like Middlesboro?? You and bellco14 have been bashing the kid all season and now you all are having to eat crow since Rick has invited him up. I believe that he is a better judge of talent that you are and if he thinks he could contribute in the BEast, then I think he could as well.

Here is a little exerpt from the Middlesboro Daily News following last Tuesday's game against Cawood High School.

 

"Miller's last basket of the quarter was particularly impressive - with a defender draped all over him, he jumped up trying to draw a foul and flung up a fadeaway from just inside the 3-point line.

 

Fittingly, it hit nothing but net."

 

 

This seems to be a regular occurence in just about every article I read on Middlesboro, Miller making big shots. Needless to say, he scored 33 points on the night. 24 coming in the second half for the come from behind win.

I don't think bell was bashing him. He has said some good things about him in the past. He is just from Bell Co. and it's hard to show all love for a mboro guy. I do think that he knows that if Lville is asking him to walk on, other d1's may ask him to take a scholly. I don't think the choices are either LMU or L,ville. there too many places in between.

Mods: Can we please combine the two Miller/L'Ville threads? Thanks.

I definitely agree. Everyone tries to justify his scoring with the fact that he shoots it several times a game but then they want to look past the fact that he is shooting a very stout 43%.

 

bellalumni40, are you sure that is what you really think about Miller or what you want to think??

 

First of all, he's every bit of 6' and probably a half an inch more. No 5'11" to it. Second of all, like noah2001 said, your comment about many people being about to make the number of shots as he does if they were given the green light is simply naive and down right blind. Do you honestly believe that any player given the green light from behind the arc could make 139 3's this year at 43 %?? Not a chance. There are very very few in the state that could do it.

 

Is a walk-on spot to Louisville not an incredibly opportunity to for a player coming from a team like Middlesboro?? You and bellco14 have been bashing the kid all season and now you all are having to eat crow since Rick has invited him up. I believe that he is a better judge of talent that you are and if he thinks he could contribute in the BEast, then I think he could as well.

About more kids being able to do it, maybe its not this year, b/c this has been a down year for me to see 13th region ball. I've seen a few games, but not like years past. In the 12 years or so I have been watching 13th region ball though, there have been many who have the ability to do what Miller has done as far as shooting the ball, but they play in a much more disciplined offense and that opportunity has not been the same for everyone. I never said any player could do it, but many could.

 

I've played pick up ball and men's league ball with Stuart in years past. I've seen him play, know what he can do and cant do, and actually seen him really struggle when someone who is the least bit bigger than him gets on him with similar speed. He couldnt score at will on me and I am not known as a defensive player, I'm an offensive guy too.

 

A walk on spot at Louisville is a nice opportunity. I was just quelling things before they got out of hand and people thought he was getting a scholly. I have not bashed the kid, go back and find places I do. I give him credit where its due, but I'm not afraid to cut down where it needs to be either. I dont hate Middlesboro, ask the people who know me, I almost went there myself. I do hate when people blow a kids abilities out of proportion. It not only hurts your name, it hurts the kid.

Has LMU made an offer to Miller, how about Union College or Cumberland. If the locals are not offering how will the big boys offer. 5'10 maybe 5'11 at best, is Miller better the Vance or the Mills kid that played a couple of years ago.

Has LMU made an offer to Miller, how about Union College or Cumberland. If the locals are not offering how will the big boys offer. 5'10 maybe 5'11 at best, is Miller better the Vance or the Mills kid that played a couple of years ago.

 

 

I have seen Miller play around 5 games this year. I have seen him hit some very difficult shots. In my opinion I think he is better than Vance or Mills. People always want to give him down the road about playing defense. When Middlesboro played at Harlan he made it difficult for Smith to score from Harlan when they were matched up one on one. I am not sure he will get an offer for his school to be payed for, but why pass up on a PURE shooter. Look at Lofton not a lot of big teams really wanted him and look what he has done at the next level. Kentucky could sure use a shooter.

Has LMU made an offer to Miller, how about Union College or Cumberland. If the locals are not offering how will the big boys offer. 5'10 maybe 5'11 at best, is Miller better the Vance or the Mills kid that played a couple of years ago.

 

He has plenty of NAIA people on him and D2 offers. I also read where he is being looked at by OVC teams and SOCON teams. The L'ville visit will probably make others take a hard look.

A lot of times, the smaller schools don't waste the effort right off the bat on people they don't think they can get. They wait and see who the big boys aren't going after and then they go for them.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.