Male @ St. Xavier

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect to Male I see their 6-0 record as a bit of fools gold. Their schedule has been less then stellar (Ballard and Butler being the 2 "strongest" teams on their slate). I see them being much like PRP last year building an outstanding record but at the expense of lesser teams. I think reality sets in for Male this week. Maybe not a blow out but I see X winning by 2 or more scores.

With all due respect to Male I see their 6-0 record as a bit of fools gold. Their schedule has been less then stellar (Ballard and Butler being the 2 "strongest" teams on their slate). I see them being much like PRP last year building an outstanding record but at the expense of lesser teams. I think reality sets in for Male this week. Maybe not a blow out but I see X winning by 2 or more scores.

I concur. I believe the Xaverians will take advantage of the youthful Bulldogs. A steady diet of Davis' rushing should do the trick. Time for St X to employ ball control tactics to their fullest for the best result. It also may be time for Soph LB Logan Butler to see some extended varsity action.

Friday was the first time that I saw Logan Butler in action and I thought he was one of their top LBers. He was definately their fastest, and if you're going to have 4 LBers on the field they have to be able to run. I would also like to see Chase Rowan get a little bit of some action at the varisty level.

Will BJ get all the reps this week or will there be some rotating going on at the QB position this week?

Friday was the first time that I saw Logan Butler in action and I thought he was one of their top LBers. He was definately their fastest, and if you're going to have 4 LBers on the field they have to be able to run. I would also like to see Chase Rowan get a little bit of some action at the varisty level.

Will BJ get all the reps this week or will there be some rotating going on at the QB position this week?

Butler is definitely their fastest lb. Walker wants to play this week but the jury is still out, I believe Cedric miller's opportunities are running low. As far as Nagle, I know a couple players are going to have a sit down with Wolford about the Qb situation.

I can see Male scoring some points because of how bad the pass defense is. I don't see male slowing down Davis nor Walker. But as always, depending on who the Qb is, is how this game will play out.

AT, do you think Chase Rowan could get some snaps at the varsity level? What about Smith #22, could he see some more caries.

I thought BJ did an ok job this past Friday...it will be an interesting decision for Coach Wolford.

The pass defense is poor; maybe a few more blitzes in passing situations will help the secondary.

AT, do you think Chase Rowan could get some snaps at the varsity level? What about Smith #22, could he see some more caries.

I thought BJ did an ok job this past Friday...it will be an interesting decision for Coach Wolford.

The pass defense is poor; maybe a few more blitzes in passing situations will help the secondary.

Smith played a lot vs T. That's what I was saying I believe smith and Rowan may be replacing Miller in his role. As far as Nagle doing an ok job, that was probably his best game of the season and he completed less than half of his passes and still threw 2 picks. So that's not going to cut it, I really believe its time to move on because ok isn't going to win the championship, granted he isn't the only cog of this unit p,aging "ok". Defense needs to step it up, arguably the best player on the defense, McCormick, misses a few tackles a game that should be given. The corners and safeties always look lost and the d-line is uberly slow.

As far as Nagle, I know a couple players are going to have a sit down with Wolford about the Qb situation.

With all due respect to the young men.....it's really not their business....they need to worry about themselves, and let the coaches coach....even if the coach is wrong (which IMO, he was Friday night)...

With all due respect to the young men.....it's really not their business....they need to worry about themselves, and let the coaches coach....even if the coach is wrong (which IMO, he was Friday night)...

So they shouldn't worry about the team? If they feel they have a chance to win with a differently system, they don't have the right to go to their coach about it?

So they shouldn't worry about the team? If they feel they have a chance to win with a differently system, they don't have the right to go to their coach about it?

I suppose they have the rite to talk to coach, but if it's a democracy in the locker room (which I doubt it is) the Tigers are doomed.

I see X winning this 28-14!

Edited by Xgrad-JAGdad
Add prediction

Did Lenny Broyles play last week? I don't recall seeing him.

If Miller does happen to lose some reps on offense, they should seriously think about moving him to defense. X needs some speed on defense.

If Walker plays...

X - 31

H - 17

If Walker does not play...

X - 28

H - 21

Did Lenny Broyles play last week? I don't recall seeing him.

If Miller does happen to lose some reps on offense, they should seriously think about moving him to defense. X needs some speed on defense.

If Walker plays...

X - 31

H - 17

If Walker does not play...

X - 28

H - 21

No he didn't play.

They can worry, and maybe individually talk to the HC.....I just think it sets them up for failure.