Bengals QB draft

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long does everyone think Aaron Murray will last in the draft?

If I were a huge Bengals fan, I wouldn't mind spending a first round pick on him after the season, especially considering his work with AJ Green for 1 season at Georgia.

I could see Bridgewater (Louisville), Brett Hundley (UCLA), Mariota (Oregon), Boyd (Clemson), and possibly Manziel (Texas A&M) going in the 1st Round. That's a pretty strong class of QB's, with 6 including Manziel. Maybe a guy like AJ McCarron has a chance at going early in the 2nd Round, but with such a heavy crop of prospects, I think late 2nd/early 3rd is more realistic.

Bengals fans: How would you feel about each of these? I'd imagine Bridgewater would be a no-brainer, but don't see the Bengals being in the running for him without a trade or some unforeseen implosion.

Would you be happy with spending a first round pick on Hundley (probably so, but same scenario as Bridgewater), Mariota, Boyd or Manziel?

Would you want Manziel? If so, what round would you spend a pick on him?

What are other positions of need that would be sacrificed if you spent a first rounder on a QB? Is this too risky, especially considering that the QB crop will push some talent's draft slots down to places where they normally wouldn't have been available?

No Bridgewater fans out there?

I would think they'd take him in a heartbeat, but are probably not in the running to have be in a position to get him without a trade. He's being talked about as the #1 prospect in the entire draft right now, at least according to NFL.com (link below).

NFL Draft - 2014 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Yeah Carson's Howitzer of an arm sure worked out great.

I'd say it for sure worked out. He changed the franchise possibly forever. He for sure wasn't nearly as good after suffering two injuries that others seemed to bounce back from easier and better than him though. No denying he was fantastic in 05. Not fantastic much after that.

Just as far as I would think if I'm a Bengals fan

(as they stand now... i.e., barring injury or meltdown and falling to you where you/they are currently projected): :

Guys You Draft, No Questions Asked:

Teddy Bridgewater

Brett Hundley

Aaron Murray

Marcus Mariota

Guys You Think About Drafting:

Tahj Boyd (I'm personally not sold on him as an NFL QB)

How Far Does He Fall & What Else Is There:

AJ McCarron (winner who knows what it takes, but is he another McElroy?)

Johnny Manziel (I don't think he fits well in Cincy... better for a team w/ stronger ownership/management and a different locker room... maybe if he slips tho)

Just as far as I would think if I'm a Bengals fan

(as they stand now... i.e., barring injury or meltdown and falling to you where you/they are currently projected): :

Guys You Draft, No Questions Asked:

Teddy Bridgewater

Brett Hundley

Aaron Murray

Marcus Mariota

Guys You Think About Drafting:

Tahj Boyd (I'm personally not sold on him as an NFL QB)

How Far Does He Fall & What Else Is There:

AJ McCarron (winner who knows what it takes, but is he another McElroy?)

Johnny Manziel (I don't think he fits well in Cincy... better for a team w/ stronger ownership/management and a different locker room... maybe if he slips tho)

I am never sold on any QB out of college because it is such a different game and guys struggle to adjust. I like Bridgewater the most, then Murray. After that I am not sure I would draft a QB.