September 17, 201313 yr I thought Teague really started to recognize this down the road, and was key part to 2012's success. Yeah the minute he realized what his role needed to be this team really went next level. There were a lot of critics, even on this board who said you couldn't win a championship with Marquis Teague. Well he really developed nicely under Calipari that season and the rest is history. Once he started being all about the team instead of getting his it was all over. Ulis will be all about the team from day one, he just won't have the physical attributes of Teague.
September 17, 201313 yr Yeah the minute he realized what his role needed to be this team really went next level. There were a lot of critics, even on this board who said you couldn't win a championship with Marquis Teague. Well he really developed nicely under Calipari that season and the rest is history. Once he started being all about the team instead of getting his it was all over. Ulis will be all about the team from day one, he just won't have the physical attributes of Teague. I still won't give Teague credit. That team won despite him being the starting point guard.
September 17, 201313 yr Isn't this kid ranked in the same range as Snider? Why Ulis and not Snider? No chance in hell Snider was going to UK...
September 17, 201313 yr No chance in hell Snider was going to UK... Why? Fans? Coach? System? UK smells bad?
September 17, 201313 yr I also agree with an above poster in that Cal seems to be transitioning the recruiting philosophy with this class. Trying to add depth, and maybe not so much "right now" talent. Maybe he feels some guys will stick around after this season, who knows.
September 17, 201313 yr Life long UL fan... That statement is so wrong he would crawl to Lexington if Cal offered who are you kidding!
September 17, 201313 yr I still won't give Teague credit. That team won despite him being the starting point guard. I don't know, man. He was pretty darn good the last portion of the season. Not many PGs were better by that time. At the start of the year I was hoping for a mid-season transfer :lol2:
September 17, 201313 yr I don't know, man. He was pretty darn good the last portion of the season. Not many PGs were better by that time. At the start of the year I was hoping for a mid-season transfer :lol2: I agree he was playing some pretty good ball towards the end of the season, and I believe that was a result of him realizing the role the team needed him to take on. Not the guy taking on 3 v. 1, forcing passes, firing up 18 footers etc. He became a facilitator, and a catalyst to the offense.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.