Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 17 Cooper 10

Featured Replies

Quick update on Ludwig. He is going to be fine. Injury occurred on the roughing the passer play. He took a helmet up under his rib protectors. Deep abdominal bruise. He is sore but should be good to go.

 

I'm hoping they find someone to take his place on defense, would hate for him to get hurt playing defense, we need him on offense.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping they find someone to take his place on defense, would hate for him to get hurt playing defense, we need him on offense.

 

cough, cough. This thinking sounds familiar :ohbrother:

cough, cough. This thinking sounds familiar :ohbrother:

I never said I was against platooning, just pointed out why some teams can't. Don't get the 2 confused.

Me too. He played great the one quarter he played defense but if you are expecting for him to throw the ball 90% of the time that is going to be difficult. Defensive end is also probably the last place you want your QB playing on defense especially against a team like Ryle that runs 90% of the time.

I never said I was against platooning, just pointed out why some teams can't. Don't get the 2 confused.

 

Yes, you said they can't and I get that. You said they should put their best athletes on the field at all times. Here you are saying otherwise and making it sound like Borchers has a choice. Does he or doesn't he? Your posts last week suggested he didn't have a choice.

No. last year was something like 38-6 Cooper

 

The Boone Cooper game was 10-0

 

My fault.

Yes, you said they can't and I get that. You said they should put their best athletes on the field at all times. Here you are saying otherwise and making it sound like Borchers has a choice. Does he or doesn't he? Your posts last week suggested he didn't have a choice.

No, he really doesn't have a choice if he wants to be competitive this year.

 

When you only have 6-8 sophomores come out last year that doesn't leave you the players to platoon unless you play all your sophomores this year and that won't happen at any school.

 

Put it this way, Cooper JV played Ryle JV Saturday and I think Ryles JV team may have had more players than Coopers entire Varsity team.

 

Put it this way, Cooper JV played Ryle JV Saturday and I think Ryles JV team may have had more players than Coopers entire Varsity team.

 

Why is that? Merely because of school size of some other reason.

No, he really doesn't have a choice if he wants to be competitive this year.

 

When you only have 6-8 sophomores come out last year that doesn't leave you the players to platoon unless you play all your sophomores this year and that won't happen at any school.

 

Put it this way, Cooper JV played Ryle JV Saturday and I think Ryles JV team may have had more players than Coopers entire Varsity team.

 

Hate to say it, but that sounds like a bed the Cooper staff made for themselves. My guess is that kids coming into the HIgh School program see 7-8 boys getting all the snaps and don't want to come out. Unless you are a can't miss talent you don't see the field. I suspect there are more than enough athletes roaming the halls who have chosen that path.

Honestly- a 5A or 6A program that doesn't platoon is making a mistake IMO.

There are multiple issues at Cooper to be brutally honest. Some on the staff, some on the students. Speaking of just the cases I know personally, there are a lot of BIG but lazy kids at Cooper. They would much rather celebrate in the stands on Friday nights than put in all the hard work in the off-season, summer and every week. The junior class, IN GENERAL, seems to be an unathletic bunch...not a ton of the class of 2015 out for the other sports, not just football - from what I have seen. Some kids who are very athletic but not very big have left the program over behavioral/discipline issues of their own making as well. Borchers isn't gonna beg anyone to play and I love that about him.

 

However, I do believe that last year's group were Borchers' Golden Boys and he MAY be a little blinded by a kid's ability on the field versus his character off the field or towards his younger teammates. That has had an impact on the numbers, IN MY OPINION. Clearly, I'm not in the locker room.

Hate to say it, but that sounds like a bed the Cooper staff made for themselves. My guess is that kids coming into the HIgh School program see 7-8 boys getting all the snaps and don't want to come out. Unless you are a can't miss talent you don't see the field. I suspect there are more than enough athletes roaming the halls who have chosen that path.

Honestly- a 5A or 6A program that doesn't platoon is making a mistake IMO.

It will change I would guess in a couple years. The union jags are only 3 years old and we are already seeing dividends pay off. This is the first year that those players could play varsity and we already seen the number of sophs jump from 6-8 last year to over 20 this year. I would guess it will continue on that pace in the future.

 

Btw their are 6a schools in this county that still platoon. It's not like its a rarity.

It will change I would guess in a couple years. The union jags are only 3 years old and we are already seeing dividends pay off. This is the first year that those players could play varsity and we already seen the number of sophs jump from 6-8 last year to over 20 this year. I would guess it will continue on that pace in

Btw their are 6a schools in this county that still platoon. It's not like its a rarity.

 

There were 13 sophomores on the roster last year - not 6 or 8.

Yes, you said they can't and I get that. You said they should put their best athletes on the field at all times. Here you are saying otherwise and making it sound like Borchers has a choice. Does he or doesn't he? Your posts last week suggested he didn't have a choice.

 

He has a choice.

There were 13 sophomores on the roster last year - not 6 or 8.

 

I'm at practice now and don't have the official numbers but am counting in the low 40s for players.

 

Last year I just looked at a roster dor state and there were 12 but realistically with the ones that didn't quit or weren't hurt the entire year they had 8 or 9 maybe.

 

In contrast I'd be curious how many players are on HHS roster etc. I know Ryle has something like 80 almost twice as much Cooper.

 

You all can talk about a 5A school should always platoon but you can only play with the ones that come out.

 

How many schools in the area only have 45 healthy players?

Cooper's numbers right now would put them as a 4A school not a 5A school.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.