Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ludlow Needs A Head Coach

Featured Replies

Just saw this on Twitter:

 

Randy Wofford has been named head boys basketball coach at Ludlow.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this on Twitter:

 

Randy Wofford has been named head boys basketball coach at Ludlow.

 

Randy is a good guy and will work hard to do a good job. Gook luck to Randy and the Ludlow Panthers this upcoming season.

  • Author

What is Randy's coaching experience? Name sounds familiar.

What is Randy's coaching experience? Name sounds familiar.

 

Coach Wofford has been the Ludlow girls coach the past 3 years. He was also on Coach Joe Beards staff at Ludlow prior to coaching the girls.

........Heard from an avid fellow BGP'er that a very talented young coach (with outstanding big-program assistant [and AAU] experience) applied last night. I don't know him but I hear good things about him.

 

Alas, it sounds like it is probably too late.

 

I'm interested to hear who this might be.

 

Also interested to hear who Clyde's candidate was.

How large of a school is Ludlow? Which football classification do they fall into? What type of feeder programs do they have?

  • Author
How large of a school is Ludlow? Which football classification do they fall into? What type of feeder programs do they have?

 

They are in 1A.

My point is they would rather hire within than hire the best coach for the job. That dont happen at good programs unless its a no brainer. All I am saying is come out of your circle Ludlow and dont be affraid to hire someone from the outside. It cant hurt!

 

In this case, I definitely agree... They really limit themselves in their thinking...

Just saw this on Twitter:

 

Randy Wofford has been named head boys basketball coach at Ludlow.

 

I literally spent 45 seconds looking it up, but was this guy's record as the girls' coach 21-59? Really? :isurrender:

I literally spent 45 seconds looking it up, but was this guy's record as the girls' coach 21-59? Really? :isurrender:

 

I would assume that record to be correct.

Keep in mind you are dealing with a very small school which typically does not field strong teams and often have to play tough opponents.

I expect the boys team to be much improved this year over their .500 record the last 2 years.

Disagree Bigzig, I coached with Steve many years ago and he is an intense guy but he loves the kids and is a great coach. The guy wants to win no matter where he coaches and his career has been at small schools. This is a guy who was a stud at St. X High School in football back in the day and played at Hanover. He sticks up for his team as well by using his voice on the sidelines which is more than I can say for many HS coaches in NKY.

 

Best of luck to Steve in his Administrative job. Big shoes to fill IMO for anyone.

 

Apparently Coach Hart knows his Xs and Os but not his $ and cents. It sounds as if the Coach wasn't very good with the administrative side of being a head coach. Therefore a change was made.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.