Opening weekend Deer season

I've planted no food plots and left the fields fallow this season with a minimal footprint. I may drop a 50lb bag of corn 2wks before the season at several stand locations (wind dependent) and just hunt the evening. Mornings have never been good for me. Give me a full report on your annual traditions; I might learn something new.

I don't get in the woods until the first acorns start falling. Too hot, too hard to hunt where we hunt because they are all over ag fields. But when the oak candy hits the ground, I'm in. There is a large black oak whose acorns typically fall early and I'm on that one pretty hot.

Be nice to your source. That stuff can get expensive.

Oh, I reciprocate. My girlfriend is a baker/candy maker...I bring enough stuff in to the office on a routine basis, and a request basis as well, that would put the Chinese army into a sugar coma. Of course I'm the one paying for all the ingredients for her to do that, so my sources get paid back quite handsomely.

• 4 weeks later...
3 deer in my back yard if only I had a gun! Hate deer ever since I hit a deer 2 years ago.

I feed the deer in my yard, My son did over 2 grand damage to one of them I fed by running into her on the road behind the house.

I do not hunt my 'pets' but I have a farm and they become dinner to me come November if they stroll past my stand on a cold winters day.