Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brandon Hatton gets offer from Tennessee Tech

Featured Replies

To add to that...a lot of coaches won't offer once bigger school/programs have offered. Look at Brandon's current offer list. NKU isn't beating out any of those teams for Hatton.

 

James Bolden is in a similar situation. There are a lot of D1 coaches out there who like him but simply won't offer because X and Purdue have offered and they know they won't land him over those offers. East Carolina and Miami assistant both have told me this regarding Bolden.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

Still can't believe NKU hasn't offered but from what I've heard, Coach Bez thinks he is too good to play there.

 

Don't believe that. He might not think he can get him but it's not because he thinks he's too good for NKU.

Unless the kid has expressly let a coach know that he will not come and tells the coach to not waste his time, then said coach should go after him if he really wants him.

If this is true, then Bezold is not performing his job properly.

 

I'm surprised at the lack of interest Bezold shows in local kids overall.

I'm surprised at the lack of interest Bezold shows in local kids overall.

 

So what D1 kids should he be pursuing?

 

As good as Hatton is I would see him being a 15 to 20 minute guy at NKU.

So what D1 kids should he be pursuing?

 

As good as Hatton is I would see him being a 15 to 20 minute guy at NKU.

Nothing wrong with being a 20 minute guy with college paid for.

Only local kid on the roster for a new D1 program that can't compete in the NCAA tourney yet is Jake Giesler who paid for his own tuition last year.

Hatton, Ruthsatz, Schulte, Bach, Bolden, McDonald are all getting D1 interest. I do think the last 2 have been on Bezold's radar.

Not sure how hard he went after Campbell and Prewitt and any others that went D1 last year? Just seems he should want a little home town flavor on his team. Maybe Jake satisfies that?

 

No. Player Pos. Hgt. Wgt. Class Hometown/HS Previous School

1 Ethan Faulkner G 6-1 185 Sr. Sandy Hook, Ky. / Elliott County

2 Quinnten Fuller G 6-0 165 Jr. Dayton, Ohio / Stebbins

5 Ernest Watson F 6-7 190 Sr. Washington, D.C. / Progressive Christian Academy Trinity Valley

10 Tyler White G 6-3 180 Fr. Lima, Ohio / Lima Senior

20 John Staley F 6-5 205 Fr. Kettering, Ohio / Chaminade-Julienne

21 Jalen Billups F/C 6-6 225 So. Cincinnati, Ohio / Shroder

23 Todd Johnson G 5-9 170 Fr. Elkhart, Ind. / Memorial

24 Chad Jackson G 6-4 195 Jr. Lexington, Ky. / Scott County James Madison

25 Jack Flournoy F 6-6 200 Fr. Mt. Hope, W.Va. / Woodberry Forest

30 Nate Snodgrass G 6-1 170 Fr. Butler, Pa. / Butler

33 Anthony Monaco G 6-4 185 Fr. Dover, Ohio / Dover

35 Justin Rossi F 6-8 210 Fr. Franklin, Ohio / Franklin

40 Eshaunte Jones F/G 6-4 200 Sr. Fort Wayne, Ind. / North Side Nebraska

42 Bill Pecora G 6-2 195 Fr. Clarksburg, W.Va. / Robert C. Byrd

RS Jake Giesler F 6-7 245 So. Ft. Thomas, Ky. / Newport Central Catholic

Nothing wrong with being a 20 minute guy with college paid for.

Only local kid on the roster for a new D1 program that can't compete in the NCAA tourney yet is Jake Giesler who paid for his own tuition last year.

Hatton, Ruthsatz, Schulte, Bach, Bolden, McDonald are all getting D1 interest. I do think the last 2 have been on Bezold's radar.

Not sure how hard he went after Campbell and Prewitt and any others that went D1 last year? Just seems he should want a little home town flavor on his team. Maybe Jake satisfies that?

 

 

My point in saying BH is a 20 minute player at BH is that he's not "too good" for NKU. 15 to 20 would be really good there for him.

 

As for the others, they have offered McDonald. They're not going to get Bolden. I don't think the others you list are at that level.

I have personally over heard Bezold tell a coach in the stands, "If I thought I could get him, I would have offered a long time ago."

 

Take it FWIW.

 

Not saying whether the quote is true or not, but I think in terms of "getting him" he doesn't mean level of play or BH is too good for NKU rather the interest between the coach/program and recruit just isn't there. BH from my sources wants to get away and experience college and Bez, being smart, isn't going to waste his time recruiting a local kid that has other D1 offers and wants to get away. Now maybe if NKU was his only D1 offer he would stick around with hopes of maybe landing him but at this point in time it's not worth it for either party to keep engaging.

 

BH is NOT too good to play there. I agree with Clyde about a 15 - 20 minute guy at NKU. BH will see college minutes depending on his ability to score. The higher level of play the more and more he comes like a Wiltjer at UK. The kid can flat out score/shoot the ball however what is going to be his achillies heel at the D1 level is defense/foot speed. I'd compare him to Redford from XU however will play college at a smaller mid major conference in college.

My point in saying BH is a 20 minute player at BH is that he's not "too good" for NKU. 15 to 20 would be really good there for him.

 

As for the others, they have offered McDonald. They're not going to get Bolden. I don't think the others you list are at that level.

 

What is "that level"? A second year D1 program that plays in the Atlantic Sun?? That conference, which was founded in 1978, has had 17 bids to the NCAA tournament (Only 4 teams have represented the conference). Followed only by America East and Summit as the fewest. So you are telling me the other kids mentioned at not good enough to play at "that level"? do you mean at any D1 school or in a conference/team that is as good as NKU?:idunno:

What is "that level"? A second year D1 program that plays in the Atlantic Sun?? That conference, which was founded in 1978, has had 17 bids to the NCAA tournament (Only 4 teams have represented the conference). Followed only by America East and Summit as the fewest. So you are telling me the other kids mentioned at not good enough to play at "that level"? do you mean at any D1 school or in a conference/team that is as good as NKU?:idunno:

 

You read into it correctly. I'm saying that of the current high school players in the 9th only Bolden, Hatton, and maybe Drew McDonald(if he gets a bit taller) and maybe Ruthsatz(maybe) can play in the ASun for a team that wants to finish .500 or better in conference as NKU did last year.

 

All are quality players but not D1 lower-tier quality IMO.

 

I think Schulte is D2.

Ruthsatz is a high D2 lower D1 (in certain systems).

Bach I can't speak to but I'm guessing D2 to NAIA.

 

Anyone else I'm missing?

You read into it correctly. I'm saying that of the current high school players in the 9th only Bolden, Hatton, and maybe Drew McDonald(if he gets a bit taller) and maybe Ruthsatz(maybe) can play in the ASun for a team that wants to finish .500 or better in conference as NKU did last year.

 

All are quality players but not D1 lower-tier quality IMO.

 

I think Schulte is D2.

Ruthsatz is a high D2 lower D1 (in certain systems).

Bach I can't speak to but I'm guessing D2 to NAIA.

 

Anyone else I'm missing?

 

Ok, so other than the 3 or so you mentioned, you are thinking that even though the other kids are getting D1 interest, they are really not of that caliber. I guess where I was going was that being where NKU currently ranks in the pecking order of D1 schools, they would or could take a flyer on a local kid. I'm Sort of on the same page in a way. My point was I don't think NKU has the pick of the litter at this time for getting who they want. Hopefully it changes in a few years and they become a great D1 program.

I think the Schulte kid does have the size and agility to play D1. He would be my pick after Hatton and Boldon.

Ok, so other than the 3 or so you mentioned, you are thinking that even though the other kids are getting D1 interest, n.

 

Who are you talking about in the "other kids?"

Who are you talking about in the "other kids?"

Ruthatz, Schulte, Bach

Ruthatz, Schulte, Bach

 

I thought I answered that.

  • Author

Brandon really stressed the fact that he wants to experience college on his own and go far away.

NKU is definitely out of the equation.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.