Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Travelers vs. Team Manimal

Featured Replies

This weekend two teams from KY will be heading down to Nike's Elite Youth Invtational going on in Augusta/North Augusta at the same time as Nike Peach Jam. Team Manimal will be playing up in the 16u Pool with the TN Travelers. These teams play each other on the 3rd day of the Tournament and it should be a dog fight. With both teams being equal IMO in terms of their coaching, which team do you all think pulls out the win? The team with the best prospects or the one with the won who usually outworks their opponents?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some big time teams in that division:

 

16U DIVISON

All Ohio Red 15U

Arkansas Magic

E1T1 Flash

Expressions Elite

Georgia Stars Select

Georgia Stars Elite 16U (CR)

Grassroots Elite

Houston Hoops (Woods)

KC Heat Elite

NY Lightning 16U

MAC IRVIN FIRE

Ohio Varsity White

SC Elite

Showtime/Juice Allstars NC

Southern Phenoms

Team Manimal 15U

Team Richmond 2015

Team Trademark (TMP)

Team United

Travelers Basketball

Manimal is fun to watch. And both teams have great coaching. But Manimal won't even get close to the Travelers. Jalen Perry will dominate the Manimal guards, and the Travelers are way too big.

Manimal is fun to watch. And both teams have great coaching. But Manimal won't even get close to the Travelers. Jalen Perry will dominate the Manimal guards, and the Travelers are way too big.

 

Manimal has improved a great deal. I think it'll be a very competitive game.

Manimal is still very small and they are playing up a level. Anything less than a big Traveler win would surprise me.

I agree...Perry and Drew McDonald should dominate. Nobody from Manimal to guard either.

I expect a Traveler victory but I hope Manimal can make it competitive and make a good showing. Playing up is one thing. Playing up at this level is a whole other animal. Good luck, Manimal and Travelers!!!!!

  • Author

I will say this... I agree that it is a tall order for Manimal to win, but no tall guard that I know of likes to guard short, speedy, in your face guards and that's exactly what Manimal has throughout their roster. Similar to the Hoop Dreams game, I think that Manimal makes it a game.

I agree...Perry and Drew McDonald should dominate. Nobody from Manimal to guard either.

Are there any NKY players on the Manimal team?

This will help even things out a little more... 6'2" combo guard Stephaun Adams will be playing with Manimal in the event. I'm told by a good source he is a mid-major D1 prospect and the top-rated young player in the Virgin Islands.

Are there any NKY players on the Manimal team?

 

Not that I'm aware of...I know they wanted Ethan Snapp of Newport, though.

Walter I believe it was the other way around just saying.

How did they get pick to play up in that event. I thought you had to be on the circuit.

The Peach Jam you have to be on the circuit. The Peach State is another tournament that coincides with the Peach Jam that has open registration.

 

The Peach Jam is only for 16u & 17u teams, the 17u teams qualify for the Peach Jam through the EYBL evens, the 16's participate in different "Nike Qualifiers" throughout April and May and if you finish high enough in those events you make the Peach Jam, if not you play in the Peach State if you are a Nike team. Essentially in the 16's division, a team that isn't Nike sponsored can qualify for the Peach Jam event through a qualifier such as the Boo Williams in April or the Norman Parker over Memorial Day. The Peach State was open registration on mylineageofchampions.com but they also do reach out to certain teams to invite them to the event that have not registered.

 

Manimal had a choice of going to the AAU nationals in Little Rock which only had 22 teams sign up or the Peach State where 95% of division 1 colleges in the country will have a team present. Easy choice for Manimal and a smart choice. I was kind of surprised to see them at the Peach State which coincides with a Nike event rather than being in Indianapolis at the Adidas Invitational being that they are an Adidas team to an extent.

  • Author

They are not playing in the Peach State, they are playing in the Nike Elite Youth Invitational in the same city. I understand why they didn't go to the Adidas Invitational because last year there were very few D1 coaches there. And the few that were there were low Mid Majors....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.