Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Travelers vs. Team Manimal

Featured Replies

Surprised it was that close. I applaud Manimal for playing up, but it just wasn't realistic.

 

Have you watched Manimal this summer?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you watched Manimal this summer?

 

I have. And they are a great team. In 15U. This is one of the highest levels of 16U. This was expected and I don't think it is insulting to have these expectations for Manimal at the level they played at this week.

I have. And they are a great team. In 15U. This is one of the highest levels of 16U. This was expected and I don't think it is insulting to have these expectations for Manimal at the level they played at this week.

 

My question is going to be...why would Northstar85 be surprised that it was that close if he's actually watched them play? I don't think it's a surprise at all. They were expected to lose and did but no reason to be surprised that they competed hard, IMO.

Hearing Drew McDonald is averaging a double double for Travelers in this event.

Have you watched Manimal this summer?

 

I have watched them quite a few times. I really like them. But I've been around AAU for a long time. Most teams that play up, especially at that level, don't have a chance. It's not an indictment against Manimal, they're great. I know you're a huge fan of Maze, and the team, as am I, but I'm also realistic.

  • Author
I have watched them quite a few times. I really like them. But I've been around AAU for a long time. Most teams that play up, especially at that level, don't have a chance. It's not an indictment against Manimal, they're great. I know you're a huge fan of Maze, and the team, as am I, but I'm also realistic.

 

North Star, you may have been around AAU but it's safe to say you are not very knowledgable when it comes to AAU.... Every Nike EYBL 16u team Manimal played this weekend, they competed and almost beat in close games accept for one team. Furthermore, there are lots of teams that play up around the Country and have success. From all your "experience" with AAU, I would think that you would know that....

North Star, you may have been around AAU but it's safe to say you are not very knowledgable when it comes to AAU.... Every Nike EYBL 16u team Manimal played this weekend, they competed and almost beat in close games accept for one team. Furthermore, there are lots of teams that play up around the Country and have success. From all your "experience" with AAU, I would think that you would know that....

 

You completely missed the point of what I was saying. I didn't say anything negative about Manimal. I enjoy watching them.

Edited by Randy Parker
Rule 5

I am a parent of a manimal player with this to say( hope not to hurt feelings ) Team Manimal would have been capable to playing and beating any team I watched this week, no matter thr age group if they had played the way they have all summer as a team. Kind of went away from ball movement and kick outs to drive and shoot. If its not broke dont fix it.

Boy you Manimal guys sure are sensitive.

 

My thoughts exactly.

You can bet your last dollar that Coach Maze will have them ready for Eddie Ford next week. This week only made them stronger on a lot of levels.

You can bet your last dollar that Coach Maze will have them ready for Eddie Ford next week. This week only made them stronger on a lot of levels.

 

Look forward to watching!

I am a parent of a manimal player with this to say( hope not to hurt feelings ) Team Manimal would have been capable to playing and beating any team I watched this week, no matter thr age group if they had played the way they have all summer as a team. Kind of went away from ball movement and kick outs to drive and shoot. If its not broke dont fix it.

 

I have only seen Manimal a few times but was impressed with their team play and the lack of individualism that is seen on many AAU teams. To what do you attribute the change in style? I see that they are going to Eddie Ford. Are NCAA coaches allowed at Eddie Ford? I remember hearing something about some violations and a ban for a year or two.

I have only seen Manimal a few times but was impressed with their team play and the lack of individualism that is seen on many AAU teams. To what do you attribute the change in style? I see that they are going to Eddie Ford. Are NCAA coaches allowed at Eddie Ford? I remember hearing something about some violations and a ban for a year or two.

 

Coaches are allowed at Eddie Ford. There was an NCAA certification thing a couple years ago, so they played it as some other name last year, but its good now. I was at the spring one and there were several coaches walking around.

FINAL: Travelers 77 Manimal 67

By the way, I heard McDonald from Travlers had 20 points and 12 rebounds in this game. Also heard Travlers went 4-0 in their pool but lost in the Elite 8. McDonald averaged 16 points and 12 rebounds in the 5 games. Supposedly was pretty impressive.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.