Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Samsung Galazy S3 vs iPhone 4s. Which should I get?

Featured Replies

I am currently using T-Mobile's prepaid service here in southern Kentucky and was thinking about switching over to Sprint tomorrow afternoon. The plan that I would be getting is either the 450 minutes with free nights and weekends with unlimited text and data for $79.99 per month before taxes and fees OR the Unlimited Plan where all minutes, text and data for $109.99 per month prior to taxes and fees.

 

I am going to go with Sprint because of the unlimited data since I do not have internet at my house, BUT my only quandary is which phone I should get. Sprint is having a deal now where new customers get a great discount on phones and I could get either a 16GB Samsung Galaxy S3 or a 16GB iPhone 4S for free with a two year contract.

 

I currently have a 16GB iPhone 3GS that I have grown accustomed to after having an Android for a few years prior. I like both types of phones and can't make up my mind on which one to get. The main feature on the S3 I like is the screen size while I LOVE the iMessage feature on the iPhone.

 

Please help ye fine folks out there in the English world of BluegrassPreps.

 

RUMSPRINGA!!!!

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Galaxy S3. Everyone else on here will say iPhone cause they're all hipsters, but GS3 just wins overall.

Boxing gloves are on for this thread... Bring it on...

I would say your GS3 has 4g and your iPhone 4s only has 3g, but if your on Sprint it wont make a difference.

4g service is not available down this way according to the coverage map on Sprint's website

 

You'd be lucky to get Sprint 4G in any city in the US.

Samsung Galaxy S3

 

1) It has software updates that prevent it from ever going non-supported - guaranteed. iPhones have software updates, but will not guarantee that they'll continue to support outdated models.

2) There are more free Android apps than iOS apps. Android apps are about 60-70% free and 30-40% paid, where iOS apps are about 40% free and 60% paid. There are also more Android apps available than there are iOS apps.

3) The Galaxy S3 is capable of using removable memory cards. Nothing by Apple is.

4) The Galaxy S3 has a bigger screen.

5) The Galaxy S3 has voice command, text dictation, and a Siri-like command mode.

6) The Galaxy S3 has a removable/replacable battery if it ever goes bad, unlike the iPhone 4S with its built-in battery. Also has a MUCH more powerful battery than the iPhone 4S - to the tune of 50% more powerful.

7) The Galaxy S3 has a faster download time than the iPhone 4S (21mb/s versus 14 mb/s).

8) The Galaxy S3 is Flash compatible, whereas Apple refuses to make Flash compatible products.

 

You'd be lucky to get Sprint 4G in any city in the US.

 

But if you've been watching the stock exchange that should soon change. sprint just bought a boat load of LTE.

  • Author

A friend of mine just got a Sprint plan and says she loves the service. My aunt has it too and says it suits her needs just fine.

 

As for meas long as I can get 3G service and I don't have to worry about going over on my data, I am perfectly okay with not having 4G service where I'm at.

Samsung Galaxy S3

 

1) It has software updates that prevent it from ever going non-supported - guaranteed. iPhones have software updates, but will not guarantee that they'll continue to support outdated models.

2) There are more free Android apps than iOS apps. Android apps are about 60-70% free and 30-40% paid, where iOS apps are about 40% free and 60% paid. There are also more Android apps available than there are iOS apps.

3) The Galaxy S3 is capable of using removable memory cards. Nothing by Apple is.

4) The Galaxy S3 has a bigger screen.

5) The Galaxy S3 has voice command, text dictation, and a Siri-like command mode.

6) The Galaxy S3 has a removable/replacable battery if it ever goes bad, unlike the iPhone 4S with its built-in battery. Also has a MUCH more powerful battery than the iPhone 4S - to the tune of 50% more powerful.

7) The Galaxy S3 has a faster download time than the iPhone 4S (21mb/s versus 14 mb/s).

8) The Galaxy S3 is Flash compatible, whereas Apple refuses to make Flash compatible products.

 

Where are you finding #2 and don't forget that there are also plenty of droid apps that aren't policed and are fraudulent.

Where are you finding #2 and don't forget that there are also plenty of droid apps that aren't policed and are fraudulent.

 

Its pretty much common knowledge that Andriod has a buttload more free apps than iOS. As for exact numbers though, I have no idea.

But if you've been watching the stock exchange that should soon change. sprint just bought a boat load of LTE.

 

:lol2: Sprint might hit 30 4G cities at the end of summer.

iPhone 4S.

 

 

 

Wait, what's the question? I just assumed it was which is better.

iPhone 4S.

 

 

 

Wait, what's the question? I just assumed it was which is better.

 

First shots fire. Lets hear why the iPhone 4s is better :lol2:.

I'll make it easy. If it was an iPhone 5, you would get some disagreement from the Apple people on here. But its a 4s. Not even close to the GS3 in any category.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.