Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaches/Players of the year

Featured Replies

Coaches by Region

· Region 1: Kara Hamby, Marshall Co.

· Region 2: Stan Head, Livingston Central

· Region 3: Kevin Clemmons, Edmonson Co. and George Randolph, Owensboro Catholic

· Region 4: Penny Reece, Greenwood

· Region 5: Jamie Goodman, Central Hardin

· Region 6: Krystle Johnson, Holy Cross

· Region 7: Bob Wheatley, Sacred Heart

· Region 8: Brian Glass, Anderson Co.

· Region 9: Patti Oliverio, Ryle

· Region 10: Christine Garnett, Harrison Co.

· Region 11: Scott Walters, Scott Co.

· Region 12: Tom Hamm, East Jessamine

· Region 13: James Burns, South Laurel

· Region 14: Shirley Beard, Estill Co.

· Region 15: Kenny Horn, Lawrence Co.

· Region 16: Kevin Hale, Menifee Co.

 

 

 

 

 

Players by Region

· Region 1: Jacqueline Roof, Lone Oak

· Region 2: Maggie Glass, Christian Co.

· Region 3: Ashley Nikolao, Meade Co.

· Region 4: Elizabeth Moss, Greenwood

· Region 5: Brianna Scott, Green Co.

· Region 6: Madison Ray, Holy Cross

· Region 7: Jessica Adell, Ballard

· Region 8: Jessica Leanhart, Oldham Co.

· Region 9: McKell Oliverio, Ryle

· Region 10: Ashley Coppage, Harrison Co.

· Region 11: Michal Luckett, Scott Co.

· Region 12: Hannah Miniard, Boyle Co.

· Region 13: Hannah Hart, Corbin

· Region 14: Whitney Back, Perry Central

· Region 15: Brook Williamson, Johnson Central

· Region 16: Sydney Whitt, Ashland Blazer

 

 

 

 

 

Ky Prep Softball East/West All Star Weekend

  • Replies 43
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how many 9th region coaches voted on this, by the looks of it I would say just 1.

Another joke! Really who in the 9th would have cast those votes?

Another joke! Really who in the 9th would have cast those votes?

 

You really don't know?

So how many 9th region coaches voted on this, by the looks of it I would say just 1.

 

Do we all really have to ask anymore? I would say that out of the 4 that can nominate, it would be one, MAYBE two.

 

This screams the need for more coaches from our region to become members at the state level or the people that should be nominated will continue to be looked over!

I would love to here from some coaches in the 9th as to why they are not members. There are always two sides to every story but for the life of me I can't see why I coach would not want to be a member.

 

For the life of me I can't understand why any AD would not make their coach be a member.

I would love to here from some coaches in the 9th as to why they are not members. There are always two sides to every story but for the life of me I can't see why I coach would not want to be a member.

 

For the life of me I can't understand why any AD would not make their coach be a member.

 

I agree, this makes no sense to me either. What other three schools are members, other than Ryle?

I checked the list of schools that belonged this season to the Kentucky Softball Coaches Association and they are: Conner, Covington Latin, Holmes, Lloyd Memorial, Newport Central Catholic, and Ryle.

Total joke. What a farce.

I checked the list of schools that belonged this season to the Kentucky Softball Coaches Association and they are: Conner, Covington Latin, Holmes, Lloyd Memorial, Newport Central Catholic, and Ryle.

 

That was 2011/2012 list (see top of page). This year was Conner, Cov Latin, Lloyd & Ryle.

I would love to here from some coaches in the 9th as to why they are not members. There are always two sides to every story but for the life of me I can't see why I coach would not want to be a member.

 

For the life of me I can't understand why any AD would not make their coach be a member.

 

From my perspective, I'll tell you why HHS wasn't a member. As I was coming on, I did read about what this was. However, being a new high school coach, I was drinking from the fire hose at times! I was trying to keep my head above water and putting priorities on things I felt we needed to do. When I read about it, it didn't feel like there was much value in the program, other than getting a vote. So I looked at who were members from the 9th region and only saw 3-4. So at the time, I felt like it didn't seem to be an urgent matter to become a member. There is a fee, but that's not a big deal and paid by the school. I just didn't have the knowledge that I have now. Hindsight, I would have definitely become a member and will next year. It's not fair to the kids and coaches that had a great year! I do think if we want this area taken serious in softball, we need to push for all of us to become members.

From my perspective, I'll tell you why HHS wasn't a member. As I was coming on, I did read about what this was. However, being a new high school coach, I was drinking from the fire hose at times! I was trying to keep my head above water and putting priorities on things I felt we needed to do. When I read about it, it didn't feel like there was much value in the program, other than getting a vote. So I looked at who were members from the 9th region and only saw 3-4. So at the time, I felt like it didn't seem to be an urgent matter to become a member. There is a fee, but that's not a big deal and paid by the school. I just didn't have the knowledge that I have now. Hindsight, I would have definitely become a member and will next year. It's not fair to the kids and coaches that had a great year! I do think if we want this area taken serious in softball, we need to push for all of us to become members.

 

Great insight...thanks...I would say its very important for you to be a member....you have several girls that could have a chance to make all state down the road....at least if you nominate them you have done your part...if all the area coaches don't belong though your girls will probably not be chosen bc the coaches that know them best will be the nky coaches and that's where they would need to get there votes from.

 

I would love for this to be a big topic at the next coaches meeting.

RCC9...you may want to talk to batboy about this but I think you have to wait a year before you get voting rights also so the sooner the better.

JMU31RCC9/BATBOY--As soon as you send in your membership fee you will be eligible to vote for the coming year. So all of you coaches get off the pot and join the Kentucky coaches association and support you players.

Coaches Reminder :ylsuper:" Players don't care how much you know-until they know how much you care".

That was 2011/2012 list (see top of page). This year was Conner, Cov Latin, Lloyd & Ryle.

 

Wow, so six coaches last season and only four this year. Very very sad. Why wouldn't a coach want to promote his players?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.