Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Enquirer Bias?

Featured Replies

^ But a Dr hacking away on people without their permission, and selling the grafts, again without permission doesn't draw eyeballs?

  • Replies 52
  • Views 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ But a Dr hacking away on people without their permission, and selling the grafts, again without permission doesn't draw eyeballs?

 

I can't come up with a great reason it wouldn't at least warrant a non-front page story.

 

I don't , though, subscribe to any conspiracies.

I can't come up with a great reason it wouldn't at least warrant a non-front page story.

 

I don't , though, subscribe to any conspiracies.

I don't subscribe to nearly 100% of them either, but for some reason they don't feel the need to see it as a front page story. I don't know the history between them and the hospitals/Dr's either.

 

Maybe Deters can start his own paper, at least an online one? Although I don't buy into or agree with him on many issues. But he would be able to get his views out there.

It should be news but it won't sell papers like the 2 other people. We don't have to like it, which I don't, but I understand what they are doing. They are in the profit business, just like most others. If Im CEO, I probaly would run the ones that sell papers.

It should be news but it won't sell papers like the 2 other people. We don't have to like it, which I don't, but I understand what they are doing. They are in the profit business, just like most others. If Im CEO, I probaly would run the ones that sell papers.

As I asked before, how does "a Dr hacking away on people without their permission, and selling the grafts, again without permission doesn't draw eyeballs?" How does that not sell papers?

 

I think if there was an article on the front page that said "Local DR butched people and sold their grafts without their permission" it would get alot more than the smut factor they try to create.

I don't subscribe to nearly 100% of them either, but for some reason they don't feel the need to see it as a front page story. I don't know the history between them and the hospitals/Dr's either.

 

Maybe Deters can start his own paper, at least an online one? Although I don't buy into or agree with him on many issues. But he would be able to get his views out there.

 

Deters gets ALL of his views "out there" via his website:

 

Eric Deters, Attorney at Law ? Cincinnati Injury Lawyer

As I asked before, how does "a Dr hacking away on people without their permission, and selling the grafts, again without permission doesn't draw eyeballs?" How does that not sell papers?

 

I think if there was an article on the front page that said "Local DR butched people and sold their grafts without their permission" it would get alot more than the smut factor they try to create.

 

Don't know, but they must think it won't or I believe they would.

  • Author
I asked someone in the know if the Enquirer would hold a story about a hospital who advertised.

 

Answer was no.

 

Is this a current executive at the Enquirer or an ex-employee that is a little long in the Enquirer Tooth? A lot has changed at the Enquirer and they may just be trying to survive.

Even more amazing to me is the Sarah Jones engagement is on national sites e.g. MSN

  • Author

I think this case is so big several media outlets are missing the boat. I think this could be an award winning journalist investigation.

 

I question Durrani's medical background. He was allegedly trained/went to medical school in Pakistan. Who approves foreign doctor certification to practice medicine in the US? The AMA? Could it be the AMA cuts corners with some foreign doctor certifications to fill the void created by the baby boomers? How many companies/hospitals had financial arrangements with Durrani? How many hospitals have banned Durrani from practicing? Why? How much are those hospitals cooperating with the fact finding involved with the multiple lawsuits? How many federal law enforcement agencies are involved in the investigation of Durrani? Eventually the national media will be covering this case and then the Enquirer will want to and/or have to get involved.

Fox -19 just did a story on him. Numerous patients interviewed and all saying what a wonderful doctor he is and they cannot believe this happened to him. One even called it a Witch-hunt.

  • Author
Fox -19 just did a story on him. Numerous patients interviewed and all saying what a wonderful doctor he is and they cannot believe this happened to him. One even called it a Witch-hunt.

 

I am sure Dr. Durrani has a lot of happy patients too but calling in a witch hunt when the Feds arrested him seems extreme. If this was just multiple civil suits I could see how some people would feel that way.

 

My gut feeling is we will see a couple whistle-blowers come forward from the hospitals he worked out and it will get real ugly.

  • Author

In normal Fed Fashion the Feds are turning up the heat:

 

CINCINNATI - A federal grand jury raised the stakes against Dr. Atiq Durrani by returning a new 10-count indictment Wednesday that accuses the Mason spine surgeon of health care fraud and makes him punishable by up to 125 years in prison.

 

As in a similar indictment on July 25, Durrani is accused of convincing patients to undergo unnecessary spine surgeries and billing private and public healthcare programs millions of dollars for the fraudulent services, beginning in 2009.

 

The previous indictment by the U.S. Attorney's Office charged Durrani with one count of health care fraud and one count of making false statements in health care matters, making him punishable by up to 25 years in prison.

 

The new indictment also seeks forfeiture of any proceeds Durrani received as a result of the scheme.

 

Besides the federal charges, Durrani faces more than 160 lawsuits by surgery patients, filed by Northern Kentucky attorney Eric Deters.

 

Read more: Dr. Atiq Durrani faces new 10-count indictment alleging health care fraud

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.