Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will MLB salaries eventually balance out?

Featured Replies

Type slower next time? That's a good one....:rolleyes:

 

 

I understand how the CBA works in regards to luxury tax, but to think that the Yankees aren't hindered by A-Rods contract is silly.

 

 

I'm simply pointing out the larger picture in that teams are not spending like they did 5 years ago.

 

Sorry, since you included this in your original post: I believe that salaries will balance out and that in the next CBA there may be some kind of salary threshold implemented.

 

It made it sound like you thought there might be something in there but you weren't sure. If you'd have demonstrated any actual understanding of it I wouldn't have posted. Also, in your original post you made no mention of by "balancing out" that you meant teams weren't going to spend on 1-2 high priced players--you didn't mention that until after my post. Without that in there most reasonable person would think that balancing out meant that team payrolls would become more equal.

To answer the question though and that is they will eventually balance out but the wrong way. I think you'll see the bottom payrolls get higher before the top ones get lower.

  • Author
Sorry, since you included this in your original post: I believe that salaries will balance out and that in the next CBA there may be some kind of salary threshold implemented.

 

It made it sound like you thought there might be something in there but you weren't sure. If you'd have demonstrated any actual understanding of it I wouldn't have posted. Also, in your original post you made no mention of by "balancing out" that you meant teams weren't going to spend on 1-2 high priced players--you didn't mention that until after my post. Without that in there most reasonable person would think that balancing out meant that team payrolls would become more equal.

 

I get what you're saying, and maybe I should have detailed it better. Sue me..:lol2:

I get what you're saying, and maybe I should have detailed it better. Sue me..:lol2:

 

It's all good.

All I can think of while reading this thread is that Dan Uggla's contract sucks :lol2:. As does BJ Uptons.

 

When's Uggla's contract expire?

It's unreal that the top team has a 25 million difference in salary. Some bad contracts on that list.

Pretty much the same with the Reds but those prospects he traded away haven't really panned out yet.

 

Same for when he was at St. Louis as well. The one that was traded that turned out solid was Dan Haren

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.