Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

B.J. Upton to the minors?

Featured Replies

ATLANTA -- Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez says he has considered asking center fielder B.J. Upton to work out his struggles in a minor league assignment.

Upton, signed to the biggest contract in franchise history at five years, $75.25 million, has a .146 batting average, 109 points below his seven-year career mark with Tampa Bay.

Gonzalez indicated that Upton has enough service time in the majors to refuse an assignment if he disagrees with the move.

"In my own mind, you think about those things, but really I haven't gotten to that point," Gonzalez said. "I think there's some logistics -- contractual things and that sort of stuff -- that they might not be able to do it that easy."

 

 

Atlanta Braves consider sending B.J. Upton to minors - ESPN

They are going to have to do something. He's bee struggling all year and hasn't come close to climbing out of it.

 

At least Uggla shows life once in a while.

Really does suck but it seems like they way overpaid. I'd much rather have Bourn right bow.

Really does suck but it seems like they way overpaid. I'd much rather have Bourn right bow.

 

Same here.

 

Justin is struggling right now too but I think he will snap out of it.

Really does suck but it seems like they way overpaid. I'd much rather have Bourn right bow.

 

I don't even think you need hindsight to feel that way. BJ Upton is younger, which is about the only advantage I ever saw in signing him over Bourn. I got the feeling re-signing Bourn was never even considered.

 

I don't even think you need hindsight to feel that way. BJ Upton is younger, which is about the only advantage I ever saw in signing him over Bourn. I got the feeling re-signing Bourn was never even considered.

 

Bourn is obviously the better lead off man which is what they needed too.

 

I liked BJ for his power but he isn't even hitting homers like Uggla.

I hate to see this, but am not surprised. I alway felt B.J. was working for a pay day and once he got it, he'd tank. Something about his demeanor. I find it funny that he made a comment, a week or so ago, to the effect, "I didn't know how good I had it in Tampa.". He never seemed to want to be here.

Upton just got the walk-off single to beat the Nats in 10. So an actual positive day for him.

Upton just got the walk-off single to beat the Nats in 10. So an actual positive day for him.

 

2-4 with the game winner, I'll take it.

2-4 with the game winner, I'll take it.

 

Maybe he can build off of that.

BJ Upton with a solo homerun in his first AB today.

BJ Upton with a solo homerun in his first AB today.

 

It was a pretty swing. Hope these hits are a sign of what's coming.

 

Justin is 2-2 so far as well (I'm a little behind on MLB.tv).

 

It was a pretty swing. Hope these hits are a sign of what's coming.

 

Justin is 2-2 so far as well (I'm a little behind on MLB.tv).

 

Yeah idiot have MLB.tv anymore. I let it go after the first week in may and just never renewed. Kinda wishing I had it again. Ha

 

Yeah idiot have MLB.tv anymore. I let it go after the first week in may and just never renewed. Kinda wishing I had it again. Ha

 

Justin 3-3 with 3 singles today.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.